Following on from the clapping ban.....................

Dave Spence

MD Golden Pie Winner 2018
Site Supporter
I don't know if this is true or not, but I was told the other day that we should be culturally respectful. Apparently a white man with dreadlocks is being disrespectful to the Rastafarian culture.....................Where is it all going to end?

Phoenixicus

Account Locked
"Apparently a white man with dreadlocks is being disrespectful to the Rastafarian culture "

Being disrespectful to the white culture as well because he would look a right t**t

Lol

Account Closed
Site Supporter
I don't know if this is true or not, but I was told the other day that we should be culturally respectful. Apparently a white man with dreadlocks is being disrespectful to the Rastafarian culture.....................Where is it all going to end?
mate it's been going on for ages, it's called "cultural appropriation" and it's a very bad no-no that makes the snowflakes cry. on someone else's behalf, obviously.
so riddle me this: a white man cannot wear dreads, a white lass in the US was hammered for wearing a chinese mandarin collar dress to her prom (very pretty she looked as well) etc because they are not what culturally they would have worn.
why then do some many african blokes wear trousers?

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
We’ve had to get these on site now, can’t tek the crack some of em 😉570CA8BE-3857-44BF-BCC4-D74D673D9EC2.jpeg

woodmagnet

Dartist.
Brilliant pic Dave marra, me and wor lass are pi&&ing
ourselves laughing at it. :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

warrington63

mate it's been going on for ages, it's called "cultural appropriation" and it's a very bad no-no that makes the snowflakes cry. on someone else's behalf, obviously.
so riddle me this: a white man cannot wear dreads, a white lass in the US was hammered for wearing a chinese mandarin collar dress to her prom (very pretty she looked as well) etc because they are not what culturally they would have worn.
why then do some many african blokes wear trousers?
And African/American/British women want straight blonde hair ??

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Isn't Rastafarian a religion, way of life ?

If so anyone can be part of it regardless of colour or ethnicity

Chervil

Site Supporter
So where would this leave Rachel Dolezal. I don't know if you remember her from a few years ago

I particularly like this bit:
"US media reported on Tuesday that in 2002 she sued the historically black Howard University for discriminating against her for being white.
She subsequently claimed to be the victim of hate crimes for being black."

Rachel Dolezal: 'I identify as black'

johng19

me@home.com
Site Supporter
There seems to be a lot of very unhappy people in this world. Maybe they should just get on with there life, instead of spending all there life demanding everybody change there's.
To tell you the truth im sick of being told what I can think what I can say how to act, Why cant people just get on with there lives and stop telling and forcing people to do what they thinks right.

Pokerstar

Site Supporter
I entirely agree we should be culturally respectful, we should respect everyone unless we have valid reason not to.
Who’s saying a white bloke can’t wear dreadlocks? Where’s the source of this (non) story. It’s not law, it hasn’t been broadcast to us, it may be someone’s opinion?
Treat people with respect, wear what you like within reason, once again there’s no news here.
Move along.