Fishomania New Venue???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indeco

Account Closed
Originally posted by hoghunter

Originally posted by Indeco

Originally posted by hoghunter

I might be wrong but I can't see many non-fishing families driving to Cudmore to watch fishing for 6 hours...
Who mentioned non fishing families. Dads who fish take there kids. Have you ever been to Cudmore or any other major fishing final. Lots of kids who are tomorrows anglers if we encourage them.
Then we are in agreement that non fishing families don't go... That leaves fishing families and their kids which don't get inspired to become anglers by watching fishomania... It's their Dad's, Grandad's and Uncle's wetting a line with them that gets them hooked not 25 unknown fatties round a pond.
The first sign of losing a discussion is when you start calling names. Of the 25 who fished on Saturday you had one ex World champion, current internationals and a host of UK angling talent on display. Dont think Lee Kerry would be described as fat or most of the field but it depends on what sort of an Adonis you are I suppose [:C][:C][xx(]

MartynRedfern

Another bad draw
I enjoyed fishomania this year, what a come back by Andy Power.. would have liked to see more of the fish taking etc rather than the camera only on the angler.

Would have also been good to have anglers on the ground providing the commentary as whilst good they did not really know about fishing so there were a few odd and quite basic comments. My favourite was the pronunciation of Maver...

hoghunter

Originally posted by Indeco

The first sign of losing a discussion is when you start calling names. Of the 25 who fished on Saturday you had one ex World champion, current internationals and a host of UK angling talent on display. Dont think Lee Kerry would be described as fat or most of the field but it depends on what sort of an Adonis you are I suppose [:C][:C][xx(]
Unknown to the children [:eek:)]

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
Sadly Angling is not a spectator sport so we should be thankful for any TV coverage we get however poor it might be.Match fishing gets less coverage than Carp fishing generally and the kids are more likely to recognise Ali Hamidi than Alan Scotthorne for this reason because of the TV coverage.
When you look at other "sports" like tennis you can see the huge difference in coverage and public opinion over a little thing like Wimbledon where a minority sport is on every channel for a couple of weeks so a handful of tennis players become household names and if you took every tennis participant compared to anglers over the same two weeks it would come out at something like 3 to 1 in favour of Angling at least.
So yes the programme needs improvement and the final needs to be tweaked a little plus a fresh venue and maybe a 3 hour match

THE MEAT MAN

Old hough fishery middlewich well run by Mel and full of fish
Big max pool just like arena

Status
Not open for further replies.