Fishomania New Venue???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indeco

Account Closed
So there is talk of moving the Fisho final to a new venue, but just where would that be. It used to be at Hayfield but was moved as it became "too peggy". Cudmore supposedly had the ideal venue in a doughnut lake that was to be a level playing field, but that has constantly proved not to be the case. I have been and watched the finals at both venues and personally preferred Hayfield. There are lots of great fisheries but a new venue has to be able to accommodate an average 3000 spectators, there cars, the media and also be good for viewing which is not easily done. So where would you go. North, South, East or West.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
It would help Cudmore if they did not move fish in the week before the event. The fish should be in the pool a couple of months before the final to allow them to settle. I thought the TV coverage was dross, I think there was more time on advert breaks than there was actually showing fish being caught.

Indeco

Account Closed
Originally posted by legs230258

I'd like to see it back at Hallcroft on the Moat.
I forgot it had been there. Fishing the Maver there next Saturday and I have to admit it ticks all the right boxes. A good sized water with lots of room and natural banks for the crowds which are wide enough so they shouldnt impact on the fishing. Some good sized lumps which should make for great television. Maybe then the Angling Trusts greed of going from 16 to 25 finalists wont look so ridiculous as there are plenty of pegs [:T]

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
They had the Greenham Final on Moat today. Peg 38 on the point walked the match with 94lb, everybody else struggled. A toilet was one of the words used to describe the place.

Simon R

Site Supporter
Put it back on Hayfield - we might actually see some fish getting caught. Plus we might see a wider variety of methods getting used rather than just the long pole fished shallow or the feeder to the far-bank which is all that was tried today as far as I saw.
Might also see a greater variety of fish rather than just carp, carp and more carp.

Purely from a fishing point of view I'd love to see it on The Oaks at Sessay - the new match lakes are throwing up winning catches of 200lb+ week in, week out. Doesn't have the infrastructure to accommodate a huge number of spectators though.

Simon

greg

couldn't believe the bias towards will raison on fisho today.it was as if no one else should have turned up.to many ads as well.first time to watch fisho and will be the last.

cant compete

I thought the coveridge on sky was superb and also don't think you could find a fairer lake/venue anywhere the cameras on the island zooming in on fish being caught was great. only thing I think they need to do is stock more quality silver fish like bream or maybe barbel and remove all the tiny skimmers

cjsid

They have tried a few different venues and all have had their good and bad results , after all that's why it's called fishing and not catching , also good to see anglers having to think about what they are doing and not all doing the same thing to catch a load of hungry carp .
I do think soma of the commentary could be better tbh

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
I think it should be moved to Gold Valley, that way they could make sure Raison could win and all the commentators could go home happy.

blue orfe

Unbelievable they restocked a week before the match. Unsurprisingly the fish were all still in one area!!!
Must have been a panic decision.

Camera work was excellent, the commentary a bit dull. Time for Andy May to take over and Mr Arthur to retire in my opinion.

crowder

Can't they hold it on a more exciting venue? I know they have to make it a level playing field as much as possible but seeing people sat on a round lake, all the same features and all fishing similar tactics is a dull affair.

Tantric Socks

Site Supporter
Originally posted by blue orfe

Unbelievable they restocked a week before the match. Unsurprisingly the fish were all still in one area!!!

Camera work was excellent, the commentary a bit dull. Time for Andy May to take over and Mr Arthur to retire in my opinion.
I like Andy May, but someone shouting OOOOOOOOSSSHHHHH every 5 minutes for 5 hours would do my head in.

legs230258

Site Supporter
Regarding the "Green Un", final at Hallcroft, it was fished on Moat Island only, there was an open match on the whole of the outer, which would have an impact on the results, also the Friday afternoon open was fished on there. Hallcroft was a good enough venue previously for the fishomania, it ought to be reconsidered as an option.

smiffy

Wherever you move it to I think similar threads to this will pop up.

The fairest venues are the hardest venues. Which doesn't make good tv and it's not exactly exciting for the anglers either.

Indeco

Account Closed
Originally posted by Tantric Socks

Originally posted by blue orfe

I like Andy May, but someone shouting OOOOOOOOSSSHHHHH every 5 minutes for 5 hours would do my head in.
You want to draw next to Nathan [:T][:T][:T][:D] or fish a match anywhere withing 200 yards of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.