Fishing position

I’ve only started fishing matches this year but fished for many more and just seen something on a YouTube video I don’t think I’ve ever come across before, and to be honest I didn’t think it was allowed especially in matches. All of us at some point when margin fishing will have fished upto the neighbouring platform, but in one of nick speeds latest videos he’s set up about 6ft to the left of his own peg and fishing in front of his own platform, is this allowed? I can honestly say in 20yrs I’ve never seen it happen

Paul22

Site Supporter
No you are supposed to fish on the platform if one is provided ..... if it’s damaged in some way you need to seek permission fish of it or risk being disqualified.

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
Model Match Rule 6 - you must fish within a metre either side of your peg.

But on a commercial with a platform "peg" could be interpreted as meaning the whole platform. So you could legitimately sit a metre to the side of the platform. Though many commercials have a rule that you must fish from the platform.

I would certainly question the legitimacy of the practice described with the organiser.

G0zzer2

Site Supporter
So far as I am aware all commercials say you have to fish from the platform or allotted space. It's so that the margin plants are not all smashed to the ground. and the banks dug out.

muggins

paste man
Site Supporter
Thanks Macca. I can't quite follow the video. It looks like he weighs in from a different peg to the one he was fishing! Strange

fasteddy

Managed to stick about 3 minutes of that.
Typifies everything wrong with commercial fishing, drag fish out as quickly as possible, literally throw them in the net. Sad.

stephanie

Thanks Macca. I can't quite follow the video. It looks like he weighs in from a different peg to the one he was fishing! Strange
I think its down to the fisheye lens in his camera distorts the perspective and at the weigh in it looks like camera has been rotated so he is picking up his nets from behind the camera

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Crikey, if an angler did that to his left and the guy on the next peg did it to his right at Barnborough lakes at Rotherham one angler would be sitting on the other angler knee. The pegs on that place are ridiculously close.