Fishing pole and Rheumatoid arthritis

Brian the Fish

Older Member.
Site Supporter
I went as far as the checkout with a btinternet and a gmail address with no problems, the Sage payment just needs your credit card number. I can't see your problem with ordering one.
£5.41 delivery charge.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
If you phone them direct, your order will be processed straight away, Brilliant service by Rick, i wanted a strap for an AS1 box, he measured up the longest octbox strap they had, told me details and i ordered it, anyone would think i was ordering a top range octbox with the help he gave me.

baz1

I thought I'd take a picture of my setup to show you. :) Because of my disabled leg, I've never been able to run a pole across both legs for support so for years i've used a front roller. It used to be with a pups system but now I have the Octbox specially made for disabled anglers (not really) it's even easier :) Because of old age, wear and tear in the shoulder tendons and arthritis in the wrists and gout damaged elbows I now also use a roller for both margin swims. I can fish comfortably at 13mtrs with one hand :D

View attachment 20769

slappy2

I had this for while now due to illness, I actually find playing the fish at the end of the fight on top two the hardest part due to pressure on hands holding top kits tight and using side pullas 🙄
Always used bump bars years ago but since spending lot money on new poles not needed it as much!

Do many find taken the poles apart when playing fish long hard work as well?
Looking forward to more bomb work winter wise tho 😉
Just got keep taken the pain killers and Azathioprine an Steroids suppose ☺

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
Sounds like you need to do a lot of rod and line work rather than pole, like l had to .

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
Yippee actually got an order through using a gmail account.

andy phelps

head banger
Hi
Does anyone have Rheumatoid arthritis and use a fishing pole.

I'm trying to get back into angling after many years away and my father in law has suggested a fishing pole.

Can you get rests for poles instead of holding them all the time?

Thanks in advance.
Hi, yes I suffer from the same condition. the way I deal with it is to either use a front bar on my box, if I am fishing beyond 14.5 meters. I can't get on with other gadgets to hold the pole as I find them slow and cumbersome. If it is too windy, I just use a waggler or a feeder.

georgie boy

Site Supporter
Hi, yes I suffer from the same condition. the way I deal with it is to either use a front bar on my box, if I am fishing beyond 14.5 meters. I can't get on with other gadgets to hold the pole as I find them slow and cumbersome. If it is too windy, I just use a waggler or a feeder.
i have a similar problem and i have found the "Middy" chair brilliant up to9mt using a cleave claw and the chair attachments

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Hi

I'm trying to get back into angling after many years away and my father in law has suggested a fishing pole.

Thanks in advance.
You dont have to hold the pole all the time .I would get a light strong margin pole I have a browning and a tri cast both excellent. You could ship out rest the pole in a pole crook in your seat and front on a spray bar .hope that helps

Steadyeddie 1

Site Supporter
I thought I'd take a picture of my setup to show you. :) Because of my disabled leg, I've never been able to run a pole across both legs for support so for years i've used a front roller. It used to be with a pups system but now I have the Octbox specially made for disabled anglers (not really) it's even easier :) Because of old age, wear and tear in the shoulder tendons and arthritis in the wrists and gout damaged elbows I now also use a roller for both margin swims. I can fish comfortably at 13mtrs with one hand :D
View attachment 20769
mop

robert d

Site Supporter
Hi

Thanks in advance.
I've done a lot of research on arthritis hope this helps I do not have any medical qualifications but here goes...try and eat gluten free food avoid sugar avoid processed food eat plenty of turmeric ginger fresh fruit cider vinegar is good and balsamic make sure you drink plenty of water very important..dont eat nuts try and keep alcohol to small doses although a little is good dont eat burnt or darkened food ie too well cooked food..if you do this I know for sure you will be a 10000% better...we all live in the real world so I know we all have or will eat some of the bad stuff at times that's life but if you stick to the above it will help no end

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
I drink a lot of Lidl's Lemon & Ginger tea. Was told it was good for diabetics.

robert d

Site Supporter
I drink a lot of Lidl's Lemon & Ginger tea. Was told it was good for diabetics.
Yes it will be good ...green tea even better full of antioxidants and a good range of flavours ....I do like an ordinary cup of tea or coffee though lol but plant to keep them to a minimum. The above diet will be good for diabetics it's all about balance and helping your body to help itself ..I've been saying for a lot of years now that I blame the processed foods for a lot of ailments it's all full of un natural preservatives I will go as far to say in my unqualified belief that they cause arthritis cancers and many other ailments ..do t get me wrong I have and do eat all of the rubish foods but aim to keep it to a minimum from now on as I'm getting more and more bone problems ie knees wrists shoulders aching all the time .when I stick to the diet of natural good food I'm much much better ...my brother in law was crippled with arthritis but not now after keeping to the above

Last edited:

robert d

Site Supporter
Lidl's Green tea with lemon or mint are both very nice.
If anyone Tries the diet above they will be better you wont believe how much better ....if anyone who does try it for a few weeks please let me know how you get on ...if it helps one person il be happy

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
Do some of it on my high protein diet, low carbs, no sugar, have a teaspoon of cider vinegar in water every day.