Fishing line?

dcdd1

Hi I'm fishing in new year 11ft waggler, 10ft feeder rods, carp commercial fisheries, which line? What breaking strain? 3000/ 4000 reels most popular line used and why?thanks

Dusty Rhodes

Site Supporter
For general waggler fishing I tend to use 3lb or 4lb mainline.
Pellet wag 6lb
Method feeder 6lb or 8lb depending how big they go or snags etc.

dcdd1

Thanks that about what I normally do but I've noticed fish getting larger so I'm going to do I think 8lb waggler same feeder? Can anyone recommend which line and why?

Silverfisher

Normal Float fishing for single figure fish 3-4lb
Heavy float fishing for double figure fish 5-6lb
Normal Feeder fishing for single figure fish 5-6lb
Heavy feeder fishing for double figure fish 8-10lb

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Thanks that about what I normally do but I've noticed fish getting larger so I'm going to do I think 8lb waggler same feeder? Can anyone recommend which line and why?
When I was fishing a pond this summer with lots of low double carp that fought like anything in the margins on the waggler I had to step up to 8lb line and 7lb hooklength. Places like that are rare for me though as I fish places where low doubles are rare and I would usually think 8lb is a bit heavy for float fishing, going to 6lb maximum for summer fishing. In Winter you can get away with less. All depends on the venue (snaggy or not) and the size of the fish.

Dusty Rhodes

Site Supporter
8lb is very strong for the waggler and will affect casting and presentation.
Unless fishing a snag pit I would go for 6lb on the waggler if fishing just for carp.

Silverfisher

Forgot to add I go maxima brand wise, drennan floatfish decent as well.

Agree with PG that 6lb is too strong for 90% of float fishing, 3lb fine for most things and 4lb the sensible max. Would only use 6lb on the float if deliberately targeting double figure barbel and carp.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Hi I'm fishing in new year 11ft waggler, 10ft feeder rods, carp commercial fisheries, which line? What breaking strain? 3000/ 4000 reels most popular line used and why?thanks
I use loads of different makes of line like drennan feeder or shimano aspire good lines but if I was honest Maxima or bayer I have most faith in ..6 to 8lb on feeder 4lb on pellet wag 3lb normal wagler you wont be far off with those lines . I try the others because they're newer and I try to get an edge but bayer and maxima are just as good if not better in my honest opinion

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
He's re writing his clubs rule books. ;)......It could take a while.....:oops::D
Hi Total, it's Pete's other half Sharon. Pete doesn't write the rules, he only abides by them. He has said in the past that some of them are ridiculous but nothing he can do about them.

The reason for me posting is that he's spark out, half on the settee and half on the floor.

Total

Site Supporter
Hi Total, it's Pete's other half Sharon. Pete doesn't write the rules, he only abides by them. He has said in the past that some of them are ridiculous but nothing he can do about them.

The reason for me posting is that he's spark out, half on the settee and half on the floor.
Bless his cottons! :giggle:.....Happy New Year to you both....(y)

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter

:ROFLMAO:

rudd

Its all venue and peg dependent.
Snag free uniform commercial type waters 3lb wagg 4lb pellet wag, 7 or 8lb method