Fishing in ireland

jollyangler

Has anybody stopped in lake view cottage in killeshandra going in may wondered if you can fish back of the digs

Chris Calder

Site Supporter
I stopped in this one, Anglers World - Coarse Fishing - Ireland - Co. Cavan - Lakeview Cottage

which does not back onto the lake, but you can see how close it is, there was another two property which were let and they had anglers in, they were slightly closer to the water, I only fished it one day as they were all scrambling to get the pegs along that shore, I went elsewhere fishing, only fishing that lake for one day , just got skimmers.

Irishhybrids

Only the big bungalow has access to the best pegs there , the other ones up the hill have what’s left, if your not bothered about fishing there , then the place is ok and loads of venues within 10/15 mins away .

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Used to stay there for years and as said the best pegs are to the far right which is the deep water. I had my only ever 200lb catch in Ireland there. Its a good central place to stay. The other good 2 pegs are when you head back to town and turn left then drive on to the bank. Drive along and where the trees end there is a point ,fish this side of it.Make sure you have a wonder first and make sure you are in about 30ft of water ,have a good cast about. Just around the point it shallows up and its rubbish. This was 2004 last time i went but always renowned pegs. Had loads of ton plus catches on these pegs.