Fishing from the wrong Peg

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Go on then, how many would or could admit to drawing a peg and then when they get on the bank fishing from the wrong one?

A simple mistake or a memory lapse :D ?

Or do you all write your peg number down so you can't forget it lol

For the record it appears I drew peg 7 on the Pork Pie match yet could have sworn I'd drew peg 6 when I got there.
Luckily it wasn't to my advantage and was devoid of fish :roflmao:

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
On a match back in the 70s on the Crown Fishery, R Lee, Broxbourne I started setting up on the permanent peg number I had drawn. Then I was told the organiser had pegged it out using tiny pieces of paper with peg numbers on and wasn't using the permanent peg numbers. I had to move pegs. Disappointed as the permanent peg was a known flier. Managed to win the match anyway.

And I remember Steak setting up on the wrong lake in one of Bucko's matches at Holly Farm.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
All our pegs are permanently numbered and what you draw is where you fish. It saves all the confusion.

slaner

Site Supporter
last year got lost on way to match and had to ring up and get someone to draw my peg for me, 8-30 draw and I rock up at 9-30, pay my dues and told im on peg2 massive rush to set up gear and a few top kits and 5 mins before the all in im sat on my box feeling chuffed how I managed to get myself sorted in that short a time, it was only when the call for nets in I noticed I was on peg 3!!!!!!!!!!! I could of packed up there and then and gone home, 20 mins later im fishing and I bloody come 3rd lol

Arch

Site Supporter
Winter League semi final on the Bridgy once, and I didn't have a peg. We'd drawn peg 17 I think. I got dropped off and began to walk to my peg. 14....15....16...18. No number 17, literally.
I ended up getting a lift back to the draw and got the organiser to come out a find me a peg. I ended up on a bridge hole between peg 11 and 12. I'd fished well in practises and done well on the opens leading upto the semi. To say I was disappointed was a massive understatement.

What I should have done was sit down where peg 17 should have been and got the organiser to shift everyone else in my section.

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
Then there was the time on another Bucko match where I put my hand in the drawbag last to discover there was nothing in it. Bucko had miscounted and was 1 peg short.

jasonb

Site Supporter
All our pegs are permanently numbered and what you draw is where you fish. It saves all the confusion.
Yes, but that's not what he means. He's talking about forgetting your correct peg and thinking you drew another or does your club have a system for dementia as well😀

Dave Spence

MD Golden Pie Winner 2018
Site Supporter
It's not so bad on a commie as it is usually only a short walk to go back and check; doing it on the old 200 peg Trent opens was a different matter altogether.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Yes, but that's not what he means. He's talking about forgetting your correct peg and thinking you drew another or does your club have a system for dementia as well😀
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I just write the peg number I've pulled on the back of my hand.

Dusty Rhodes

My last match I was convinced I was fishing from peg 13 to the point that I booted a mate off of it telling him it was mine.
As it happened I was about 10 pegs up, good job as well as I caught about 90lb more and won the match!

Louis D

Site Supporter
I was at Tunnel Barn last month, the lad to my left looked a bit too far away but I knew I was on the right peg right and had pulled a calf muscle on the way to the peg so wasn't going to walk up. Anyway, he had 120 lb or thereabouts and argued the toss with Sarah from the venue doing the weighing that he was supposed to be on peg one. She had pegged it so wasn't backing down. He started getting animated then pulled out his peg card to ram his point home that he was on peg 1. Unfortunately it showed peg 2, disqualified as threatened at the draw. How can you get it wrong when the organiser gives everyone a draw card in the team envelope?

alsur

Draw end peg at Wallers Haven a very long walk, after half hour realised I was fishing wrong swim so put fish I had caught back and moved to correct peg, caught almost as much in first half hour as I did in rest of match.

johng19

me@home.com
Site Supporter
Funny enough I did this the other week, in one of are club matches. Didn't even know till the end.
In are club sometimes when the pegs are not clearly marked we use are own, walked around the pound sat on peg 10, we generally put extra pegs in. Fish the match on the weigh in Tommy says you should be on peg 10, (Me) I am, know your not where using are numbers so as it was peg 10 was peg 13. But never mind.

lp1886

I’ve never sat on the wrong peg personally but I’ve known instances where paper numbers have been moved on the canal to get a bit closer to overhanging bushes etc.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
On the Lancaster Canal many years ago. Sat down on my peg & one of the organisers came along and said I was on his peg. I showed him my piece of paper (that had been stuck to the grass with a cocktail stick) with my peg number on it & he grumbled and set up a few yards from me. I checked my paper again & noticed it was two stuck together. When I shouted this to him, he replied "Oh well....we were in a hurry".