Fishing Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancey

I am just building myself a fishing diary spreadsheet.

What do people include in their fishing diary?

I have the following (bear in mind I am only bothering for matches at the moment and that I probably will never have 5 swims but just in case):

Date
Day
Venue
Peg
Start Time
Weather
Temperature
Result (Place)
Result (Weight)
Winning Weight
Weight Deficit
Tactic's Swim 1
Tactic's Swim 2
Tactic's Swim 3
Tactic's Swim 4
Tactic's Swim 5

Is there anything that other people include that you think I should add in?

mudhead

I was thinking about starting this the other day and you've pretty much done the work for me. Cheers bud.

Maybe put a water level on there, could be useful if you fish river matches. And a comments bit for things you might have done differently or tactics that worked especially well.

dancey

Good call about the Comments!

I have all this on an excel spreadsheet if you want to send it to you to save you having to do it! Send me a PM with your email address if you do.

I don't fish river's at all so i'm good on that front.

owencourse1

Hi dancy
If you get chance to speak with the winner of the match note down his tactics and peg no etc. Just in case you draw that peg in a future match.

Cheers

Owen

hadge

depth at near side -- down track -- across.Bait wind direction.

dancey

Originally posted by hadge

depth at near side -- down track -- across.Bait wind direction.
Thanks for the info' dude, I am including the depth in my tactic's section.

Wind direction is definitely a good call though as it is obviously a big factor.

Polecup

Yes, I am a
Number of fags smoked.

I always know I've had a good day if my pack of fags is still quite full!

dancey

Originally posted by Polecup

Number of fags smoked.

I always know I've had a good day if my pack of fags is still quite full!
I like it!

My packet was almost empty last weekend.

The lake was fishing REALLY badly, I had 3-5-0 and the winner had 5-8-0 the matche's are usually won with 30-40Lb this time of year.

Triturus

May need a conversion factor on the 'weight' line to allow for Kg or lb, can easily be programed into a cell on excel

dancey

Originally posted by Triturus

May need a conversion factor on the 'weight' line to allow for Kg or lb, can easily be programed into a cell on excel
I tried to do this, I wanted to input a formula in cell B3 for example that would give me the weight deficit between cell's B2 and B1 for example.

I wasn't able to format the cell as weight, so had problems because weight in lb's isn't decimal and converting to kg's seems like too much hastle.

The matches are only weighed in lb's so that should be cool.

But if you could tell me how to format the cells so that a simple B2-B1 formula would work when a weight is input in lb's I would be very grateful?

EDIT: The only way I can think of is having Lb's and Oz's in different cells!

Cheers

Last edited:

red110kev

dancey,
I've done a spreadsheet a while ago that totals weights, converts between Kilos, decimal lbs and lbs oz dr.
Also have a depth converter from metres to feet & vice versa. You could add it to your workbook as a separate tab.
PM me your email address if you would like a copy and I'll try to email it you tonight..

dancey

Originally posted by red110kev

dancey,
I've done a spreadsheet a while ago that totals weights, converts between Kilos, decimal lbs and lbs oz dr.
Also have a depth converter from metres to feet & vice versa. You could add it to your workbook as a separate tab.
PM me your email address if you would like a copy and I'll try to email it you tonight..
Thanks!

PM Sent!

andyfp

Account Locked
One comment about the time. I have fished places from 3.30am and then some in the evening ?? still not a lot of bream !

cess monkey

I`d include barometric pressure and if its climbing or dropping. I think it has more effect than wind, rain or shine.

Status
Not open for further replies.