fishing Diary apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

timpe

hi there

i am making the same mistakes at the same venues too often - anyone know of a realy good app for logging the details of the fishing trips/matches ??

there are a lot on google play and apple apps store but i dont have a clue as to the best one ??

Tim

timpe

Originally posted by Ethics Man

I always find a pen and paper useful...[:T]
doesnt automaticaly log your GPS location though does it [:D]

Ethics Man

Originally posted by timpe

Originally posted by Ethics Man

I always find a pen and paper useful...[:T]
doesnt automaticaly log your GPS location though does it [:D]
GPS is all well and good and fairly useful when you are out at sea in a boat - or even a big ressie, but surely you know whereabouts you are on the bank when you're fishing on a canal/lake/river...![;)]

darrengeorge

speci-ish
I love a good app from time to time, but when it comes to fishing, I agree pen and paper.

Once home I use my notes to write a blog, so I have the best of both worlds.

Ethics Man

Perhaps the fishing lakes/rivers etc in Denmark all look remarkably similar....[:D]

groundhog

Life Survivor
Site Supporter
[:)] Pen and Paper Better than any app, just think how much information you would lose if the electronics screw up.
[:D][:D][:D]

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
I record all my matches on a spreadsheet. Sorry, Nathan , no I can't reemember. Over a year I will fish a wide variety of waters and some possibly only once a year. It is surprising how, what at the time you think you will remember, when it comes to fishing the venue again you have forgotten.

Not things like swim or basic tactics but the subtle things like depth, feeding pattern & bait.

I admit a spreadsheet isn't portable (well not for me as I don't have a mobile device) but I will select and print the entries for the venue and carry that with me when returning.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
For many years I used an access database that I knocked up one day - worked for me and a really good way to check info on somewhere I dont go very often. (The database has more options than excel for reporting purposes).

However, now I just put stuff on the blog instead (mostly 'cos I dont go so often).

Status
Not open for further replies.