Fishery own feed pellets, hook bait samples?

SeanB

One of my local commercials has the common own brand feed pellets rule. No restrictions on hook pellets and Ive no issue with this but often wondered whether this means you can't include a few samples of hook pellets. As an example I often use a 6mm robin red hook bait over fishery micros or 4mils but don't include any hooker samples which I would like to.

I know the obvious answer is to ask the owner but after visiting for three years didn't want to look like either a total muppet or that I may have broken any rules.

Any thoughts?

SeanB

Yeah, I had thought that it might lead to the question of when a few samples turns into loose feeding them, always nice to know my thinking isn't completely wide of the mark.

Cheers mate 👍

Phoenixicus

Account Locked
Pleasure Sean, and although it would be tempting to drop a few in (and I am sure that that some do) it wouldn't be worth the risk of a jealous fellow angler "grassing" you up.

SeanB

Absolutely, it's a nice fishery and I'd hate to not be able to go over something so avoidable, especially when it possibly wouldn't offer any real benefit.