Fishery near Manchester

Grumpyfish

Have to be in Manchester at the end of the month and will have a Sunday free from lunchtime to dusk so basically a full day to drown some maggots. Any recommendations to fish where I can go that’s nice and quiet but will keep me busy with bite. Must be a day ticket day ticket pay at the peg water. Thx in advance

Baldie

Have to be in Manchester at the end of the month and will have a Sunday free from lunchtime to dusk so basically a full day to drown some maggots. Any recommendations to fish where I can go that’s nice and quiet but will keep me busy with bite. Must be a day ticket day ticket pay at the peg water. Thx in advance
It would help if you put down where you are staying, north south east or west Manchester, canal lake or pond?

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
hargatehill.com

There’s a thread about it which I started a while ago. It’s a beautiful place but fishes more like a natural water than a commie.

Ivan heaphurst

South of Manc. Lymm Damm, full of silvers. £5-00 a day
West, Partridge lakesfull of everything. £7-00 a day
River Weaver, Northwich, Winsford way. £5-00
Canals are mainly day ticket

Pokerstar

Site Supporter
Id
South of Manc. Lymm Damm, full of silvers. £5-00 a day
West, Partridge lakesfull of everything. £7-00 a day
River Weaver, Northwich, Winsford way. £5-00
Canals are mainly day ticket
I’d like to have a go on the Weaver, do you know where the best day ticket stretches are please?

Also where, in your experience, would be the best place locally to get a few bites fishing the stick float?

Cheers

Ivan heaphurst

Newbridge near Winsford. Any bit of the river in or near Winsford.
The river Dane is a nice river to stick float. Day ticket stretches in Northwich town centre up to the rail viaduct. Good car parking.

Pokerstar

Site Supporter
Newbridge near Winsford. Any bit of the river in or near Winsford.
The river Dane is a nice river to stick float. Day ticket stretches in Northwich town centre up to the rail viaduct. Good car parking.
Just to clarify is that from the Weaver back to the viaduct? Cheers

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Id

I’d like to have a go on the Weaver, do you know where the best day ticket stretches are please?

Also where, in your experience, would be the best place locally to get a few bites fishing the stick float?

Cheers
Under the road bridge, near the Red Lion.

Ivan heaphurst

Not fished Partridge for a long time but I suppose if you bait a hook and put in the water you will catch, like any other commercial.
Tight lines

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Try Moss Farm at Irlam, plenty of fish, tackle shop and decent cafe, park more or less behind your peg on a couple of the waters Also in Irlam is the old river, i think it is still day ticket.