Fake Britain

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just been watching a rerun of Fake Britain, the one where they bust the fake website couple.

They were running a website that was always the first to pop up on google etc, old fella had paid £25 for a EHIC because he didn't know they were free and thought he was on the NHS/government website due to the way they had made it look.

When they busted the offices they showed a board on the wall and one of the other things listed was the rod licence, others were things like visas, driving tests, theory tests etc etc.
They go to the house of the "directors" of the company and parked in the drive way are 3 top of the line Land/Range Rovers (hard to tell them apart now) and an Audi R8 spyder, all siezed as "proceeds of crime" the bloke was given 15yrs and his wife along with a couple of others were also sent to prison.

It's scary to think that there are people out there who think they are "net savvy" but in reality they are nowhere near as savvy as they think they are!
I've seen reports on some of the IT/PC etc websites that show there are even "VPN/Proxy" sites out there that people are paying to use thinking they are safer and it turns out...they're not as safe as they think because the VPN/Proxy servers are owned/ran by dodgy companies that are recording alsorts, even down to their keystrokes!

When you look at how easy it is for foreign companies to register on Ebay uk with a British address as their registered address so they can get around the "UK only" search option it is understandable just how easy it is to inadvertantly buy fake goods.... even i've done it when i've bought stuff off ebay, supposed to have been located in NI and when it's arrived a week later it's in a chinese drop shipping wrapper with my name/address details label stuck over the top of the original address label!

What is the scariest part of it all though, is when you see professional companies/departments etc being fooled, in one of the Fake Britain programs i watched last year (i think) it showed how fake hospital equipement has even made it into the NHS!

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Mate if ya know where to, you can get owt, i know someone who works for the Royal Mail as a Driver but aint never passed his test, we were in house of Fraser last week when the sale was on, there was a young Girls very well dressed and looked like a Footballers wife, ive known her Years, she a professional Shoplifter, owt from aDrivers Licence to a Bus Pass its easy if ya know where.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Oh i know mate, we see some amazing forgeries on the doors, the modern driving licence is one and so is the "citizen card" (voluntary national ID) i saw a girl go into a night club my mate was head doorman at, i ran over and told the guy on the door to check her ID, he told me she had a citizen card and he'd checked it.

I told him he'd better get her out, showed him my badge and told him i knew she was underaged because she is in the same class as my daughter at school...and my daughter is only 15 (this was a 3 years ago) he went and got her really quick!

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I did the same with a reel. I bought it thinking it was Shimano, the site was just like a proper Shimano dealer. The reel came and looked brilliant until 3 weeks later it developed a fault. So off it went to Shimano for repair or replace only to receive an email back saying it's not a genuine Shimano reel but a fake.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
It’s like I see people on selling sites moaning cos they been given dodgy 20s for a mobile phone off some stans, simple tell em you’ll meet em at the bank where they can pay the money in 👍👍

Dusty Rhodes

Site Supporter
I think I remember a few years ago there was a post on here about the rod licence. If I remember correctly people were doing a google search to buy their licence and were paying upwards of £50 from a fake website.

ukzero1

Site Supporter
I think I remember a few years ago there was a post on here about the rod licence. If I remember correctly people were doing a google search to buy their licence and were paying upwards of £50 from a fake website.
It wasn't exactly fake, the licence was genuine. What they were doing was charging an 'admin fee' of £25 plus the cost of the licence. It was a trap that many fell into.

Dusty Rhodes

Site Supporter
It wasn't exactly fake, the licence was genuine. What they were doing was charging an 'admin fee' of £25 plus the cost of the licence. It was a trap that many fell into.
Yeah that is right mate 👍

davylad

Site Supporter
I remember when I played golf, I bought some Titleist Pro V1 balls at a good price. (Idiot) When I got round to using them, they were like concrete, and good job I didn't use them or I might have killed someone, if I'd hit them. They looked just like the real brand though.

ukzero1

Site Supporter
I remember when I played golf, I bought some Titleist Pro V1 balls at a good price. (Idiot) When I got round to using them, they were like concrete, and good job I didn't use them or I might have killed someone, if I'd hit them. They looked just like the real brand though.
Lesson learnt then. Don't whack your balls in case it hurts. :ROFLMAO:

me

Oh i know mate, we see some amazing forgeries on the doors, the modern driving licence is one and so is the "citizen card" (voluntary national ID) i saw a girl go into a night club my mate was head doorman at, i ran over and told the guy on the door to check her ID, he told me she had a citizen card and he'd checked it.

I told him he'd better get her out, showed him my badge and told him i knew she was underaged because she is in the same class as my daughter at school...and my daughter is only 15 (this was a 3 years ago) he went and got her really quick!
Thats just being a spoil sport . We have all gone to pubs and clubs under age, we have all had fake id to get in to such places. If the girl had got past the doorman then all good to her .

fishcatcher4

Site Supporter
Anyone can get caught out on the internet today as some of the websites do look legit.

GeoffW

Site Supporter
Early December I ordered a pair of Sony headphones from a website called DeviceMonster.co.uk
They confirmed the order immediately, then nothing. Had to get PayPal involved and eventually the parcel was delivered on Christmas eve. The headphones are genuine and work fine but no warranty card!
It seems that they don't have UK stock but ship from Hong Kong or China.
Their revues on Trustpilot are bad, should have checked before buying....lesson learned

H T B

Site Supporter
Thats just being a spoil sport . We have all gone to pubs and clubs under age, we have all had fake id to get in to such places. If the girl had got past the doorman then all good to her .
Until some unsuspecting bloke takes her home, slips her a length, then gets done for under age sex.
Not so "good for her" then, is it?

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
The problem is now mate, once you lose the licence you can't work the doors again for a set period of time!

Until some unsuspecting bloke takes her home, slips her a length, then gets done for under age sex.
Not so "good for her" then, is it?
I know someone that has had that happen, he picked up a young lass on a saturday night, she was in a 21s night club, took her back to the grounds and spent the night having fun... he even boasted how "talented" she was.....monday afternoon the police came on site and arrested him for rape, turns out she was only 15 (she'd used her sisters ID to get in) then gone to school and started telling her friends all about it he was sentenced to 5 years as a nonce!

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
I once saw a Makita breaker which to all intents and purposes was Makita - it was a fake
they were quite common once

fellas turning up to sites with so called failed import items, makita, de walt, bosch etc

quarter of the price of proper ones and the mugs still bought em, plug em in and they started smoking if they worked at all

caveat emptor

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Can I commend you on being the first to post an utterly stupid statement in 2020.

Not only would the doorman be in trouble but also any staff who had served her and the owner of the establishment, who had a chance of losing his licence.

sly

all the bit better gear and still aint got a clue
Site Supporter
and i thought that accolade would have gone to crackatoa :unsure: :devilish::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: