F1ST

Simon Walsh

Bought another 2 F1ST for my Tricast Excellence Pro yesterday from Leigh Tackle and Bait with Christmas money off the wife. Mentioned to Gavin in the shop saying that’s 5 I’ve got now. Gavin said he’d got 16.

Wow was my first thought, I thought I was a tackle tart,but I suppose if you’re into match fishing in a big way like Gavin is, then 5 is probably not enough to have in your hold-all.

Was wondering what other match men carry when it comes to shallow tops?

Nobby_nobbs

Site Supporter
Tricast F1 Shallow Top (f1st) I have 6 of them and to be honest I’m starting to like them for general as well.
Just think the elastic length is about right.

dumdum

Site Supporter
I have nine for my middy and an f1 short cupping kit, I also can see them finding there way into general fishing more often, I mainly use them for shallow and f1 edge fishing, but the three ft line is a good use in winter also

Simon Walsh

Yes same as you dumdum also have a cupping kit same size as my shallow kits
Nobby_nobbs can see me getting another 1 at least. Don’t think I’ll be in the Gavin range of 16 though. But you know what they say.... best laid plans of nice and men😜

Nobby_nobbs

Site Supporter
Simon I’ve been toying of the idea of the 17.5 mtr excellence and replacing the standard kits with F1ST kits.

Simon Walsh

Nobby it’s a great pole. My mate has the 17.5mtr. I got in touch with Tricast and they made me a dolly butt to go onto the 16.1 section for £85. The best I was quoted for the section to take it to 17.5mtrs was £335 . The dolly is .7mtr