Eye Kettleby Bound

Geoff P

The cheerful one!!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Spent a couple of hours getting everything ready for our trip to Eye Kettleby tomorrow, for a week.

Pack the car first thing in the morning, call into Fishing Republic for casters and maggots, drop cat at Cattery and then the 70+ miles to Melton Mowbray.

Hope to be fishing by half three for a few hours. SWMBO will be a fishing widow for most of the 7 days away.

gingert76

Ginge
Site Supporter
where are you off to? melton mowbury is only a few miles away from me but never heard of Eye Kettleby

Tight lines either way!

Arch

Site Supporter
We were there last week, booked to go again later this year.

Geoff P

The cheerful one!!
Staff member
Site Supporter
@Geoff P will you still be fishing on the 18th or is that the day you leave ?

Cheers
It is SWMBO birthday but will be fishing morning until about 2 o clock, then the rest of the day is for her. Is there a good chinese restaurant in town to take her for a meal in the evening?

Mr Barry S

Site Supporter
I have fished there in the past and enjoyed it, some nice Tench in lake 3. Does the owner still take food orders when collecting ticket money?

Last edited:

Scribe

Site Supporter
@Geoff P Depending on work commitments I am hoping to get along to meet up on the 18th. There is the

JASMINE HOUSE
CHINESE RESTAURANT
44 SHERARD STREET,
MELTON MOWBRAY, LE13 1XJ
01664 567 871

I haven't been myself but it is very highly rated on Google Reviews

Pokerstar

Site Supporter
How’s the fishing there Geoff?

Also are there any matches held there?

Sorry to interrupt your fish-a-thon!

Geoff P

The cheerful one!!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Tried pond 6. Had plenty of roach and skimmers at 7 metres, too windy to try the far bank. Down the edge I had more roach on worm, two small carp on worm then as I was packing up went down the edge with 6mm bloodworm hard pellet and snared a carp of about 3 lb. Nothing large but great to be fishing. Going to try pond 3 Saturday after some crucians.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Tried pond 6. Had plenty of roach and skimmers at 7 metres, too windy to try the far bank. Down the edge I had more roach on worm, two small carp on worm then as I was packing up went down the edge with 6mm bloodworm hard pellet and snared a carp of about 3 lb. Nothing large but great to be fishing. Going to try pond 3 Saturday after some crucians.
Sounds like you are going to have a great holiday. Hope so.

Geoff P

The cheerful one!!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Pond 5. Pleasant 5 hours today. Plenty of roach and skimmers on pellet. Fished the margins with worm and had more Roach, a couple of perch, 5 nice crucians and 3 carp, biggest 5lb +

Scribe

Site Supporter
Nice to meet up earlier @Geoff P I would rather be fishing alongside you than doing the gardening / tip run / B&Q visit any day. :)