Extinction Rebellion

62tucker

Site Supporter

Over 200 arrested and on sky news it says it’s been a peaceful protest.
Imagine if that many were arrested at a football match there would be hell on.
Also how much and how many police are need to control and arrest all them.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
public order offences, not moving on when asked by plod, blocking entrances and roads

not exactly major criminal activity

the vid i saw, showed about 10 coppers manhandling an old boy into a van,

anarchy in the UK ????

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
All arrested should be fined to the total of the police, judges, and anyone else who had to deal with ems wages.

dezzatheblue

It will soon escalate to rioting when the trouble makers join the fun,
It's all bubbling under, it's not far off I reckon.

Lee Richards

"not exactly major criminal activity"

No it's not but if you are an average Joe who is trying to make a living then something like this doesn't do you any favours - or does that not matter?

shang

Peaceful protest ? It's now acceptable to red spray paint buildings of companies you have a problem with ? Bunch of self righteous pricks 'demanding that the government meet them'
if I was stuck in traffic due to them I'd be disabling my econetic and giving them some extra fumes.
Apparently Thursday they're intending on disrupting the Tube.... I hope they don't hurt themselves in the face of 1000s of disgruntled commuters. Poor middle class luvvies

rodring

Site Supporter
I wonder if opinions will change if any future disorder is brexit related?

dezzatheblue

The bikers weren't spraying buildings, gluing themselves, breaking property,
They were a peaceful protest, this lot need water cannon and a few well aimed batons, or they could have a peaceful protest then people might listen to what they have to say.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
I applaud them and wish them well.

At least they are actually trying to make a difference, i can't see what is wrong with trying to stop climate destruction, stop biodiversity loss and trying to stop the rise of ecological collapse and the extinction of mankind.

62tucker

Site Supporter
I wonder if opinions will change if any future disorder is brexit related?
Do you think it will be called a peaceful protest by sky news etc. If 200 BRexit means Brexit were arrested I bet the police would be a bit more heavy handed. And the protesters would be called louts. Or thick leavers. Uneducated etc

rodring

Site Supporter
I don't doubt it, but I was referring to opinions expressed in this thread.

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
Here's a brilliant idea. Let's block the roads in a major city to protest about vehicle pollution and in doing so cause more pollution by having traffic idling rather than moving. Then we'll spray buildings with red paint causing more pollution by equipment required to remove it. How did a these non polluting electricity sourced people get their power from and how do they move around the country - on bicycles? What's with the plastic boat being towed around? Currently worldwide there are over twenty active volcanos that are pumping more carbon dioxide and other noxious gasses into the atmosphere than any power station is capable of. These anarchic fools need to be dealt with before they do any more damage. As far as the school children's protests go they're just firing bullets other people are making. It's not climate change that will do for animals, it's overfishing and habitat loss and as far as humans are concerned it's the old problem. There's too many of us with the wrong distribution.

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
Best not mention I was averaging 4 miles to the gallon of race fuel today on a runway.......They might form a lynching party :ROFLMAO:

62tucker

Site Supporter
290 arrested yesterday and more plans for protesting for rest of week.

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
These people don’t seem to have anything to do. Maybe a weekly jigsaw should been handed out with benefits