Erics Angling..Gone

markthemouse

I only use 3 online firms now - angling direct , bob co and benwick sports. All the others have closed or are rubbish now

gobby1

I don't use any online firms for fishing tackle, never have. Prefer to use my local tackle shops.

Gwillim

Agreed local tackle shop for me :)
Placed a sizeable order with them on the Monday and kit was in on Thursday, plus it was cheaper than what I could get it all online, only by a few quid but that few quid was enough to pay for the bait for the next session, so a result all round I think as it helps keep the local shop open and I get a better deal not only on live baits such as worm and maggot but cheaper pellets than venue prices as well

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I use the local tackle shop when I can, but it's the only one round here and is a bit 'limited' so to speak.

Gwillim

I use the local tackle shop when I can, but it's the only one round here and is a bit 'limited' so to speak.
Ours can be a bit limited I suppose as they cant stock everything but Carl (the owner) is happy to get anything in that is wanted and is even happy to get something in just for you to take a look at, is very knowledgeable and isn't just after making a quick quid off of someone and would rather sell you the right piece of kit than the most expensive.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Last year I was after a power waggler and went to our local tackle shop. When I asked about one he said I had to wait while he got one in. 4 weeks later I was still waiting. I bought one off the market in Ingoldmells for £40.

marcusp

Angling Direct monopolising the trade. They will bethe only ones left in a few years and will charge what they want. When all the local tackle shops are gone where you going to buy fresh bait from ?

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
I remember Eric having a little shop in Halton before moving to a bigger shop on selby road Nice bloke.

Gwillim

Last year I was after a power waggler and went to our local tackle shop. When I asked about one he said I had to wait while he got one in. 4 weeks later I was still waiting. I bought one off the market in Ingoldmells for £40.
That's unfortunate and shows a lack of customer care, can honestly say have never had that kind of issue with our local shop, even if they are out of stock at the suppliers (Korum, Daiwa or whoever) Carl the shop owner always lets you know straight away and often tells you where you can get one if your'e in a hurry for whatever it is, most times though I just tell him to order it and wait for it to come in as there's not much I need straight away.

looksfishy

I was searching online for a rod earlier and the search result for them went through to the AD website

jononcb

Angling Direct monopolising the trade. They will bethe only ones left in a few years and will charge what they want. When all the local tackle shops are gone where you going to buy fresh bait from ?
The Maggot Farm.

jononcb

Used to go to one in weatherby used to get a gallon For a fiver, the bloody place stunk but we had plenty of bait (y)
Yes, the maggot farm at Hucknall is quite a smell if the wind is blowing in the wrong direction!!

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Posted on Facebook today............

Angling Direct
7 hrs ·
We are absolutely delighted to share some news with you - Erics Angling is now part of the Angling Direct group.
This is a substantial milestone and we are thrilled to gain the knowledge, expertise and experience of the Erics team.
Acquiring Erics is a significant step forward for everyone. With the combined strengths of two leading businesses, we are now set to create an even more remarkable retail experience. We’re confident this move will be hugely beneficial to you, as it enables us to deliver the ever-increasing range and depth of product and choices demanded in today’s rapidly changing retail world.
The Erics Angling site in Leeds has closed however, we have our Leeds store on the City South Trade Park. Plus, the Farlows lake store will continue to trade as Angling Direct Farlows and once fully stocked, will be a great addition.
Going forwards now we will be combining our websites and social pages, in doing this we are able to communicate more efficiently and effectively through one platform, continuing to raise our standards, and deliver the best possible service backed by our Price
Don’t forget to check out our blog and ADTV for all the latest info to help YOU get the best out of YOUR fishing.
As you are already a valued customer, we are delighted to bring you along with us on this exciting journey, so from today our communication to you will be as Angling Direct plc.
Image may contain: 1 person, text

Capt Birdseye

Site Supporter
I too prefer to use my local tackle shop but I understand that with some manufacturers or suppliers that an account is required before they can obtain their product . I don’t know what this entails but maybe the small dealer doesn’t have the financial clout to open numerous accounts?

adz1189

The direction the sport is headed you could be forgiven for thinking that one day fresh bait over the counter might be non existent? Surely the majority of sales nowadays with the carp domination are boilies, boilies more boilies and some pellets anyway?