edgbaston resevoir

Status
Not open for further replies.

manny

any idea of how its fishing because heard rumours that some big roach and other fish have been showing thinking of givin it a go if any good maybe a maggot drowners fish in could be in the pipeline?

T K

Bum Draw Master
Have you heard owt or given it a try since Manny ?

Last edited:

me

Originally posted by manny

maybe a maggot drowners fish in could be in the pipeline?
[:0][:0][:0] You are never seriously thinking of a fish in on Edgebaston res [:0][:0][:0][:0]

To fish it in the day time id have to go mob handed with my brave head on, but would never on this earth every enter into the thought of closing 1 eye never mind sleeping there over night for 3 days

MarkV

aka Tigerbay
It used to be good years ago. I've considered popping down over the last couple of years but the area puts me off.

Not sure about fishing it on my own. Maybe i'm just getting paranoid in my old age but there's loads of people around there who, let's say, aren't know to any authorities. After dark [:0] it's a complete NO NO lol. I dont have any doubts about that.

Used to be very good sized roach in there. it's a shame.

MarkV

aka Tigerbay
I saw a bloke asleep on a bedchair when I went for a look see this summer, Me .

Wonder if he had any tackle left lol after his nap .

I've fished some of the Birmingham parks over the past couple of years and for some of them, I take only old tackle that looks nothing.

There's usually regulars fish there and after a few visits they get to know you and I get the feeling they'd help out no problem if there was any bother. Have to say never actually had any trouble, but i'm always on my guard .

Last edited:

me

thats the shameful side of Brum. There used to be that much first class fishing to be had but now adays its all been taken over by low lives of society [:(!]

Ridgeacre

It has great fishing loads of roach and bream. I used to fish it regular some years back but haven't been there lately owing to what as been said, dont feel safe even in the day time.They had some real good open matches on their years ago ie the John Smiths festival,Bham parks etc, finished runner up one year in the Smiths.

nog

the method man
i fish most of b,ham parks regualar edgbaston resa one of my favourite places to fish i had 54ib of bream last time i went but lost few good fish my mate had 59ib the same day fishing right next to me we allways have good day there yes i admit it dodgy round there now and you do get alot of gangs of asians walking round there as well as alot of polish fishing it but to befair i have never had any trouble from anyone when iv fished there and iv been fishing there for 30 yrs and iv been there plenty of times on my own i find that the wind across the lake causes more problems than the people to be honest.i love it there and i know it holds some massive carp aswell as bream tench roach and pike i would go for it if i was you mate take some mates with you if it makes you feel more comfortable but it def worth a try [:)]

ada

brummie
used to watch the birmingham parks festival final on it years ago, had a walk around it last summer and never saw a fish caught but it was low and dead calm

Status
Not open for further replies.