Edgbaston Reservoir

Zerkalo

Anyone ever fish this? Yes it can be a bit dodgy around there from what I remember, but we used to fish junior club matches on there and never caught anything.

Apparently there were a load of bream in there that if you hit them you could do a good weight, never saw it myself though. Are there any other similar reservoirs in the West Midlands that are worth fishing?

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Fished it some 30+ years ago. I do believe it was known more for roach in those days. I dont know if its changed but, you used to have to take your seat box 20 / 30 metres out into the reservoir as it was quite shallow. I heard that cormorants had devastated the place a few years ago. 😯

Zerkalo

I remember, that's it. Or you can fish from the dam/wall where you have a 10ft drop in front of you to some deep water! And apparently it's £7 a day ticket there now! Would have to be a planned expedition if I was ever going to fish there again I think.

Paulmlpss

I used to go there in the 80s with my dad. I never used to fish I just used to watch him. He caught roach and bream. Like others have said I wouldn't go now. He also used to fish bodymore heath at Kingsbury and catch some nice bream.

Zerkalo

I fished Kingsbury Water Park quite a bit as a kid for the bream in the early 90s and although I didn't catch much it's an interesting place, I'd be interested to see how it fishes now. I reckon the roach are long gone at Edgbaston Res but waters like that seem so rare.