Disabled Anglers

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
Thinking about another water that could be of intrest is The Basingstoke Canal , access at various points flat banks and a reasonable selection of species and it's cheap.

Vinny41

Site Supporter
Basingstoke canal is on my list to look into. I've heard it's quite good fishing as well.

TimeTravelAngler

If anyone finds themselves down in deepest darkest West Dorset the following information may help:
Kingombe Lakes has easy access on the top lake and has 3 or 4 platform swims withinh 20 foot of the car park (these are diabled reserved).
Lyons Gate Cravan Park has easy access to some of the lakes - very user friendly, nice loo's and a cafe.
Mangerton Fishing Lake (not to be confused with Mangerton Mill) (almost next door to each other) is ok in the first 3 swims.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
If anyone finds themselves down in deepest darkest West Dorset the following information may help:
Kingombe Lakes has easy access on the top lake and has 3 or 4 platform swims withinh 20 foot of the car park (these are diabled reserved).
Lyons Gate Cravan Park has easy access to some of the lakes - very user friendly, nice loo's and a cafe.
Mangerton Fishing Lake (not to be confused with Mangerton Mill) (almost next door to each other) is ok in the first 3 swims.
Did a week at lyons gate, bloody hard work getting through the rudd .
If you go there make sure you take a bait dropper and use it very quietly lowering it in off the rod tip. Top lake has some fine tench to 5lb and some 4lb chub. Next lake down is full of rudd and that is where the dropper is worth using. Bottom main lake up against the stickups nearest the vans will get you some carp, 8mm banded pellet lowered in gently.
Central pond is the ornamental and I found that half inch cubed meat got me the biggest fish, koi.

TimeTravelAngler

There is only good news! The majority of the rudd got moved from the big lake (two islands) to the small specimen perch lake which run at 4.5 lb plus, I guess that's the one you are calling the top lake as that has the decent Tench and Chub (it has one island). Never caught a koi in the middle pond (yet) mainly crucian. But yes I agree up until a while back it was Rudd central.... If you do go again try a feeder in the far top left corner of the big lake right up by the reeds, plenty of big carp and tench haunt that end.