Diawa Barrow plat xl

Pimmy C

Site Supporter
Hey fellas, Does anyone one have the Diawa Barrow/plat xl and how do you find it?? Cheers

rapanui

Hey fellas, Does anyone one have the Diawa Barrow/plat xl and how do you find it?? Cheers
I have had one for a couple of years. It's light and reasoably strong. that said i have bent a couple of legs but got them replaced pretty quick direct from Daiwa. I only just get my kit on it though, it could do with being a little wider, but it's easy to put together and is fairly sturdy. If i were fishing rivers and relying on it on a steep bank I think I would be looking at a Rigger - heavier, more expensive but much stronger.

Stretch1066

Life member
Site Supporter
Being a single wheel at the front you have to balance it properly, this puts a lot of stress on the handles, and you can catch a leg when pushing it if you have them too long.
Did snap off the nuts that the locking wheels go into to lock the handles in place, Just drilled them out and replaced with a coach bolt and wing nut, same thing happened to my mates, our fault for over tightening them. As a platform no problems.

Pimmy C

Site Supporter
Hmmm. Thanks lads. I have a Rive ST8 seatbox with the 2 wheels at the front but it’s useless for narrow river paths so it’s either the Diawa or rigger platform. ?????

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Being a single wheel at the front you have to balance it properly, this puts a lot of stress on the handles ...
Puts a lot of stress on the spine of the person struggling to stop it tipping over, as well! :oops:

trotter2

Puts a lot of stress on the spine of the person struggling to stop it tipping over, as well! :oops:
Never had a problem with that banksy
May I suggest you need to look at the way your loading it up mate👍

Pimmy C

Site Supporter
Being a single wheel at the front you have to balance it properly, this puts a lot of stress on the handles, and you can catch a leg when pushing it if you have them too long.
Did snap off the nuts that the locking wheels go into to lock the handles in place, Just drilled them out and replaced with a coach bolt and wing nut, same thing happened to my mates, our fault for over tightening them. As a platform no problems.
Hey Stretch....So you can put your seat box on it and sit out in the water no problem? The extendable legs don’t slip at all?
Pim

trotter2

Hey Stretch....So you can put your seat box on it and sit out in the water no problem? The extendable legs don’t slip at all?
Pim
That's the idea of a platform ,if its not suitable I would question the build quality.

Stretch1066

Life member
Site Supporter
I'm 16 stone + and not had the legs slip, just make sure its tight. The screws don't go directly onto the legs, there is a block that the screw pushes on that clamps the leg in place.

Pimmy C

Site Supporter
I'm 16 stone + and not had the legs slip, just make sure its tight. The screws don't go directly onto the legs, there is a block that the screw pushes on that clamps the leg in place.
Ahhh that’s great. Cheers for the info Stretch. Sorry for late reply. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻