Daiwa Zoom extendable cupping kit.

artist

wightangler
Site Supporter
Pros.
Clever 3 red plastic 'grip' attachment at end of top section allows easy practical extending
- also allows for a lightweight stiff kit particularly when contrasted to the garbo one.

Cons.
Screw cup adapter sleeve requires glueing in end and strangely no lip to buttress - so unless well glued/fixed would be easy to lose.
Only 2 rounded basic cups - 50 and 250 g supplied - no 150g cup.

Price - ok it is comparatively light but near on £100? Think garbo's £60 (+a tenner for it being Daiwa....) might have been possible? (got mine for £88 fast posted from great Bobco cyber monday discount).

Used it in match yesterday with 50g cup - mainly for a few 10-15 maggots plus a dryish pinch of low feed g/bait so does the job expected and yes the extendable bit works really well - i marked it with tippex at my most used dwa roller kit lengths.

Overall pricey but given the alternative , ie none - my existing 2 'cut and rejigged' old cupping kits both went recently - one having an old drennan glued screw attachment whittle away to no thread left. So overall a pricey but practical and lightweight extendable cupping kit that does what it says on the tin, imo.

artist

wightangler
Site Supporter
Forgot to add that the garbo c. kit (had a g10 and resold) - seemed deffo more 'solid' at staying at required extension length. Have had no issue with the Daiwa but do feel that banging a roost or box accessory might cause the ext. no.1 to potentially move - of course marking requisite top kit length(s) with tippex would easily alleviate this should it ever occur.

Worth knowing that all future and current Daiwa top end poles will be including the Zoom CC as package standard.

dumdum

Site Supporter
My mate uses a Garbo cut back a bit on his Daiwa as the match kits are quite short so the Garbo extends plenty long enough

johnfranks

Bloody hell near near 100 quid for a cupping kit. Think I will stick with my 44 quid spot on from Preston. Still it's Daiwa so must be worth it lol

artist

wightangler
Site Supporter
update - the internal adapter i mentioned came loose yesterday despite glueing with gorilla glue - have now had to add a piece of leccy tape to fit snugly. Poor really given the price and no lip to bed against the tip section!

As regards why i particularly chose the Daiwa - all my daiwa and also dwa tips fit my C1995 summer bagging come margin pole which suits carp on my local match venues where over half the swims have stick-ups, overhanging bushes or lilles so this c.cut fits both without need for cutting about.

Last edited by a moderator:

Martin25664

I wonder how much the price increase for all Daiwa poles will be in the new year now that they come with new puller kits and telescopic cup kits?