Daiwa UK made poles spec

IanG1

Any daiwa pole gurus know what the internal diameter is of a daiwa UK made no 3 section where it joins to the no 4. Trying to work out if the top kits from my old UK made 221 are any good for a later generation pole?
Ta
Ian

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I would have thought it would depend on the model of the pole, some are not as slender as others.

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
I would have thought it would depend on the model of the pole, some are not as slender as others.
You thought wrong, all UK made poles are made on the same mandrel, it’s the carbon quality and resins that differ.

Bungee Restretched

You thought wrong, all UK made poles are made on the same mandrel, it’s the carbon quality and resins that differ.
To be Uber pedantic, all recent U.K. made poles are on the same mandrel...the Spectron was on a different mandrel and was U.K. made...

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
That’s so old I don’t even remember it..... 😀

IanG1

Thanks for the replies, I'll get my vernier out later and have a measure of what I have.

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Topkits all interchange inc Spectron .
I have 3 Daiwa poles and the top kits don't interchange. I have had to send an order to Billy Clark's for a top kit to fit the TDSR1

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
I have 3 Daiwa poles and the top kits don't interchange. I have had to send an order to Billy Clark's for a top kit to fit the TDSR1

if my memory serves all the SR range are made on the same mandrel, which is different to the modern UK pole mandrel.

ukzero1

Site Supporter
if my memory serves all the SR range are made on the same mandrel, which is different to the modern UK pole mandrel.
Your memory serves you correctly, the SR range does. But the tops on the Matchwinner won't fit the SR, neither does the Whisker. The tops that do fit are from the XR range and I can't find anyone who has spares tops.

LouisD

Even back to my old Tourny 410, the top 3's and no. 4's are compatible with current UK poles and I think that goes back even further to the original Tournament X which I view as the original game changer for "all round" flagship poles. I think that is as about as far as it goes. SR, ZR etc are a totally different mandrel.

It's interesting when people talk about pole innovation. I think they generally forget that Daiwa introduced better top kit packs, short 4's, proper holdalls, better handling, top end poles that could easily handle carp etc etc.