daiwa spectron m2 power waggler 13ft

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutmeg

My question is would this rod be ok for for fishing pellet wags upto 12grams. I very rarely use this rod so was thinking of giving it a new role. Its not something that l would be doing on a regular basis, and WONT be targeting carp, just decent bream and some huge roach.
if not really upto the job it will have to be sold to help finance another pellet wag rod, l dohave a shaky 11ft pellet wag bt this wont cast to the required distance.
any thoughts guys[:T]

Terry D

Say nowt till you see your lawyer.
Site Supporter
As it's the power waggler version, it should be fine. If the cork creaks too much then back off your reel's clutch a bit.

GreenMachine

I would disagree with the above comment. I used to have one of these rods and regularly used it for chucking big loaded wagglers of up to 16grams, and it handled them with ease. 12grams is well within the capability of this rod.

nutmeg

Cheers guys it will be the team daiwa gemini carp splasher pellet wagglers that l shall be using, hopefully on tuesday so need the weather to stay good and keep the fish in the upper layers.

nutmeg

Used the spectron today with the 12gm gemini pellet wag floats and it handled them like a dream. Just a pity the fish were not really feeding, just had a couple of small 2lb bream and a couple of roach.
l am confident though in its ability now l have road tested it, so wont be buying another rod.

Status
Not open for further replies.