Daiwa EM MS 2506h - Bobco

rd115

Some of the gear, No idea
Site Supporter
Took the plunge and decided to grab one of these for £50 from @bobco-tackle

Reel is very impressive for the money, it's the same size as a Cadence CS10 4000 and nearly same weight as a Cadence CS10 3000, weighing in at a meagre 215g.
The Daiwa has a 50mm spool lip diameter (same as CS10 4000) so should be good enough for decent midrange chucks on the feeder rod.

Line clip is disappointing, it's the plastic shield shape we all know and love, cadence CS10 has a proper metal button spring loaded clip.
Daiwa is Magsealed, so should keep that showroom feel for far longer than the Cadence.

Daiwa doesn't come with a spare spool unfortunately :(

Feels better in the hand than the Cadence reels, slightly shorter stem makes it far more comfortable for backwinding.
Bail arm is nice and chunky, same as the Cadence. 5.6:1 ratio vs the Cadence 6.2:1 (moar cranking power?)
Cadence has the braid friendly rubber band on the spool, but i feel it's completely pointless on a reel of this size and the short ranges you'll be fishing at with it.

I'd definitely take the Daiwa over the Cadence reels, 25g lighter than their 4000 and Magsealed, also only half the price of the £99.99 CS10's (no offers on currently)

Chances are i'll ebay my CS10 3000 and keep the Daiwa EM MS for waggler and light feeder fishing instead.

Sam Vimes

I have one, I'd not recommend them otherwise. A spare spool would have been nice, but as a spare will cost almost as much as a full reel, it's no issue. I wouldn't recommend it for anything other than the lighter legering, but it's spot on for float fishing, especially on shorter, or lighter rods. If you buy one specifically for float fishing, make sure you get the 2506 model, not the 2500. The 2500 has a much deeper spool that you don't need on a float reel. The slightly pathetic line clip isn't an issue on a float fishing reel. It's also worth noting that the 2506 reel has a smaller handle that the T shaped one shown in many of the promo pics. Some may bemoan the lack of QD, but I'd rather have the fine adjustment available on this model.

I've just ordered another one just in case they sell out! I don't see me getting a better reel for the same, or less, any time soon. Spot on with my Browning Sphere float rods.

DFL

I’m amazed they didn’t all sell out immediately.

DFL

I see a few have turned up on EBay for an asking price of £90.

Hatman

Drawbag ace
Site Supporter
We held a little ceremony for the last EM MS yesterday, but my stock correction when numbers got low was actually wrong since I noticed a single 2500 on the counter afterwards. I dont think anyone will have re-listed it on the website, I'll do thet on monday if it hasnt sold in-store already.

nejohn

Site Supporter
I got one earlier in the year, had a look yesterday and noted they were sold out otherwise I would have bought another one. I also bought a couple of theory's just before Xmas for the same price they are almost as good as the EM's and I managed to get one of the 3000 size before they sold out.
Both of these reels are excellent reels and for £50 you will not find better value for money anywhere

Baldie

We held a little ceremony for the last EM MS yesterday, but my stock correction when numbers got low was actually wrong since I noticed a single 2500 on the counter afterwards. I dont think anyone will have re-listed it on the website, I'll do thet on monday if it hasnt sold in-store already.
I bought a load of the Theory reels, 3000, 2500 and 2004, think about 16 in total, mag sealed for the same price as a Ninja!

Hatman

Drawbag ace
Site Supporter
Since the doors are closed & we are on mail-order only I've had a bit of time to straighten up stocks & stocktake. I found 2 of the EM MS 2500s that had been hidden amongst the predator reels & put them on the bobcotackle.co.uk website this afternoon. Maybe still there (£49.99 each).