Daftest thing you've ever done?

Corn Master

Site Supporter
Summer '78' in Southern California. Roller skates gifted to me and my brothers. We got pretty good on them and were confident on the roads in and around the condominium complex we lived in on Lincoln Avenue. For fun we used to hook onto the bumper of the local UPS truck and ride around from stop to stop as the driver only used the side door. We used to wave at the drivers behind smiling away thinking we were untouchable. A few days of this went by and we decided it wasn't fun anymore as the UPS van didn't drive fast enough for our liking so we chose the youngest brother to "play hurt" in the middle of road. The driver of a car would hop out to check on him and we could jump out from a parked car and grab the bumber on the back. This was successful first time round. Laughing away we flipped off the car behind that was honking his horn at us and waving out the window
In the car behind was my Dad

Last edited:

Corn Master

Site Supporter
All 3 of us had BMX bikes. We thought it would look clever to tie the 3 together with rope and ride them down the banks of the Santa Ana River. A tramps dog chased us and my smallest brother fell off which made all of us fall off. Unable to untangle the mess we had to run home later to return and find they were stolen

Last edited:

Corn Master

Site Supporter
Summer '79'. Disneyland has what's called Tom Sawyers Island in the middle of the Rivers of America. Basically a lake. Me and my friends went for a swim and were promptly chased by security. Quickly dashing into the Pirates of the Caribbean ride jumping the queues knowing that it has a log ride section of it I wouldn't be caught for being wet...it worked

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
Godber. The dark shape in the distance is an FV 180 Combat Engineer Tractor. I used to command one and instruct on them. Without doing any research, there was possibly only one in the conflict, which and I knew one of the crew, small world. We used to refuel at Stanley, before flying back to Murray Heights, the beach at the end of the runway was littered with mines.
There was a nice walk to Pembroke lighthouse. We'd find plenty of Argie stuff lying around until one day it was declared off limits due to mines. They were very indiscriminate with their mine laying.