Daft games you played with your Kids?

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
When my son was very young, we had a game we called "Skash", to get him up to bed.

Skash was a vicious monster, played by myself.
I would kneel on the floor, thrashing around angrily until he came up next to me, and I would snarl at him -
"Beware Sir, for I am Skash!
You shall not pass! (Skash! Skash!)

His response -
"But I Sir, am the Skash rider!"

" Then YOU may ride Skash!"
He crawled onto my back, and we went skashly up the stairs to bed, with him clinging on for dear life and my wife following ready to catch him when he fell off.

As he was leaving my house recently, I fell to my knees at the bottom of the stairs and snarled -
"Beware Sir, for I am Skash!
You shall not pass! (Skash! Skash!)

His response -
"Nay Sir, for Shash's back is already buggered, and I want him to cut my grass tomorrow!"

So it goes. So it goes.

:oops::confused:

lp1886

Hide the sausage - A game I used to play with Michael Jackson when I went round his house.

160642fishing

Site Supporter
Magic windscreen wipers,I would put them on intermittent and at the right time I would say "wipe" the kids thought I was a magician.

maggotdrowner

I used to turn the engine off in the car and tell the kids to jump out and push and then drive off but they always found there way home haha

Pompous git

Site Supporter
My kids would sit halfway up the stairs and refuse to budge in a mucking about way, The `phantom foot biter` soon got them
shifted.

Scribe

Site Supporter
When I used to coach the rugby team my stepson's played for, I would carry a spare pair of shorts in one pocket and socks in another. If my daughter joined us with her mum, I would make sure I spent some time on the touchline with her.

I used to slip my hand into my coat pocket inside the sock and all of a sudden the cry would go up "Killer Sock on the loose. look out, before it pongs you." Then a game of chase & evasion would ensue, with the accompanying squeals of mock terror. I would make sue she would get some distance away, before Killer Sock went back to sleep in his cave. My daughter would edge closer, stop, then closer and stop, daring to see how close she could get before waking the Killer Sock up !!

Happy memories. :D

Dave Spence

MD Golden Pie Winner 2018
Site Supporter
My dad used to get me, my brother and sister in a line behind him and then, armed with saucepans and spoons we would become a marching band striding through the house making as much noise as possible. My poor mother used to despair of him.

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle !
Site Supporter
We took the kids to a big forest/national park type of place and after much wandering around we came to a clearing with a bench to sit on. So I had the bright idea to occupy the kids by telling them to go off to the left behind the bushes and then see if they could make a circuit of the clearing without us seeing them until they re-emerged on the right.

They disappeared and became completely lost. We were panicking like mad and contacted the park 'rangers' for help. Eventually the kids found us again. But it was one heck of a scary time. The kids didn't seem to want to play "Daddy's game" after that!

willothewisp

willothewisp
Site Supporter
The leprechauns have to hide their money from the Graartips when the full moon is up. That's when Graartips waken up and go on the prowl. The best hiding place is up these trees for Graartips can't climb trees.
But my grandchildren can!
So when younger and visiting me I'd go off early morning on the bike to these trees at entrance of Tollymore forest about a mile away. Pound coins would be hidden up selected trees which the leprechauns had marked with stapled pieces of paper so they wouldn't forget where the money was. The Graartips didn't know that, but my grandchildren did!
So later in the morning we'd all go up to the forest where they'd compete in climbing to see who found most "loot."
Happy days.Tollymore entrance trees.jpgTollymore entrance trees.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Scalper The Club House 20
62tucker Fishing Talk 28
D Fishing Talk 19
A Tackle Talk 5
W The Club House 11