Cup Final

mike fox

'Just Me and the Fish'
Site Supporter
1-1 after 90 mins and then 3-1 Chelsea AET I reckon. I like my monies worth ;)

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Furkham United 7-4 at full time down to 9 men

muskrat

STAY ALERT
Site Supporter
Cheltenham Ladies Topless win with two on the bounce!

stikflote

Site Supporter
Thought you had stopped posting Wise owl, cant you keep away :D :D :D

TrickyD

Site Supporter
Didn't watch it, wasn't interested, even without the covid effect it had lost it's appeal many years ago. Half five kick off, WTF is that about ?

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
I watched it as a neutral - thought it was one of the better cup finals in recent years with plenty of attacking play. Thought the red card was harsh though which definitely had a big impact on the game.

Would like to have seen a few replays of when the Arsenal keeper might have handled outside the box too.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Canny game with a few snakebites in me. Game changed at the 22 min drink break. Sorry The 22 min team talk.

Robwooly

I watched it as a neutral - thought it was one of the better cup finals in recent years with plenty of attacking play. Thought the red card was harsh though which definitely had a big impact on the game.

Would like to have seen a few replays of when the Arsenal keeper might have handled outside the box too.
They showed that after the match and he crossed the line but the ball didn't, bit like one of those mime artists. Like you I thought it was worth a reply at the time as it did look outside then

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
They would have looked on VAR as the game played on.

H T B

Site Supporter
Didn't watch it, wasn't interested, even without the covid effect it had lost it's appeal many years ago. Half five kick off, WTF is that about ?
As a kid, the FA Cup final was a special day.

The league had finished.
The football monthly magazine Goal was just about the two teams.

Saturday TV was all about the cup final, the teams etc etc.
Even an its a knockout of past players of the two teams was broadcast.

The team bus as it approached Wembley.
The walk up Wembley way.
All covered by tv

The final felt a special day, and anybody that was interested in football watch the game at home.

No extra time and penalties, draw went to a replay.

Now it is so diluted, I feel today's youngsters are missing out on a great tradition.

160642fishing

Site Supporter
I've only ever been to one final,that was in 1975 West Ham v Fulham,didn't support either but had two tickets through the football club I ran and no one else wanted them,great day out,couple of pints before hand,the thrill of being in a 100,000 crowd and the passion of supporting fans was brilliant,couple more pints in the station,the train broke down on the way home,got drunk in the buffet car waiting for a replacement and had to ring the wife to pick us up about eleven o-clock,she wasn't well pleased.

DFL

Site Supporter
Ive only been to one FA Cup Final, watched my team Chelsea draw against Leeds, even though the ticket cost me just 12/6d old money I couldn't afford to go to the replay at Old Trafford. My mate paid a whopping five pounds from a tout outside Wembley.

davylad

Site Supporter
I've been on the team coach as it drives down Wembley Way at the old ground, in the RL cup final. It's a great experience, and it would have been a lot better if I'd been playing. I remember sat in the home dressing bath, and said to my mate who was the team physio, hey Stanley Mathews, Billy Wright, and Bobby Moore etc have been sat where we are, and it brought tears to his eyes.