Cricket World Cup

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Thats not to say that he couldnt in future.. his mentality might have changed and if he does get a test birth I wish him well... all I want to see is the Aussies sent packing minus a little urn... sez the man going to the 1st day of the Old Trafford test :p :ROFLMAO: :cool: (y)

Chris1Richo

Richo
Site Supporter
Id rather him not have the mentality and get a quick 30 than Keaton Jennings plundering around for form.

Reactions: dam

Arry

Site Supporter
Damn right.... Jennings and Lythe are good county players but can't step up to international... Hell Essex bowlers have seen both of em off let alone Aussie quicks

Geoff P

The cheerful one!!
Staff member
Site Supporter
It would appear that the England selectors go for "steady" in an opening partnership, they do not like the quick run scorers. I think someone like Roy is needed to keep the scoreboard ticking over.

Arry

Site Supporter
Root does that...

Chris1Richo

Richo
Site Supporter
I think we will soon see if test cricket ruins Roy, I hope he takes to it and blasts the red ball about.

Arry

Site Supporter
I think we will soon see if test cricket ruins Roy, I hope he takes to it and blasts the red ball about.
But therein is the problem, test cricket is not like an ODI... opening the batting is taking the shine off the ball and scoring steadily to build the innings.... not blasting 50 and getting out

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Aussies aint that good when they aint Cheating :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Simon R

Site Supporter
This is such a mismatch today that it's getting a bit dull
But I don't mind dull from time to time - especially against the Aussies(y)

Have they announced which 'free to air' channel the final's gonna be on.
I'll likely only have freeview this weekend so if they bung it on Sky1 or something similar I won't be able to watch it:(

Simon

Chris1Richo

Richo
Site Supporter
But therein is the problem, test cricket is not like an ODI... opening the batting is taking the shine off the ball and scoring steadily to build the innings.... not blasting 50 and getting out
But id like him to blast 200 off 150 balls Arry :love:, but I know what you mean. They were talking before that he is unfazed and they reckon he can open, I hope he can, Buttler is a changed man and in the test side but not opening admittedly. The Ashes will be enthralling in many ways, I hope Jofra gets in too.

Arry

Site Supporter
Archer is a good pace bowler but untried in tests... if he bowls in county he could probably do it but I feel he's best in ODI and T20

oldmanriver

Site Supporter
What will happen Sunday I planned to go fishing, Take a Radio w/ ear piece ! I am male I cannot multi-task:confused:
[/QUOTE]
Looks like I have to learn Multi-Tasking, bummer;)

Silverfisher

Got to be big favourites now surely after than win.

Also I’d have archer in the test side without a doubt. He’s clearly got the temperament for big occasions and his red ball stats for Sussex are pretty exceptional, much better than his white ball stats were before he played for England. For me its Anderson and Archer for sure and then a toss up between woakes and broad. Jamie Porter could be in the picture before long as well.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Excellent all round, grabbed the match by the throat from the off and just kept squeezing, had the Aussies number all day.

Final should be great and New Zealand shouldn't be underestimated as Lords isn't the greatest venue for England, but if they play to their potential they should bring home the World Cup.

rudd

Great result - peed off with Aussies claiming Roy touched that ball. Despicable and desperate.

dam

Site Supporter
Hard to understand Woakes not getting a full 10 overs.:unsure:
I thought that, Morgan has been a superb captain but I think he dropped a bollock with that one, no harm done though.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Think the final going to be on normal tv as well hope so as I be away up caravan