Cricket World Cup

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
I would love to see them reach the final. But I am worried they are sounding too cocky if press quotes are to be believed.

India were favourites in their semi, and they tripped up.

"England will have the advantage of a partisan crowd", meat & drink to the Aussies, just fires them up more.

But yes, come on England.

nejohn

I think the key for England is not to lose early wickets as once Starc and Cummins get through their opening burst runs will be a little easier to come by so if we don't get impatient and try to hit every ball out of the ground and most of the team play to their full potential then I think we should just shade it. I think Englands bowling attack is stronger in depth, if Woakes and archer can control the run flow for their openers it will put pressure on to try to take runs off wood and plunket which as other teams have found can be costly in the form of lost wickets. who ever wins though it should be a good game

Stephen

Yorkshire is best
Site Supporter
This is the second worst start any team has made in a World Cup semi-final. Australia were 8-3 in Mohali in 1996 and went on to win.
From the BBC

Pekchenko1

My only worry is that if its a tough wicket to bat on, our own line up isn't exactly built for grinding it out other than Joe Root.....once we get Smith out i'd feel a lot more confident

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Sat in a field in a tent listening to this, might have to go and find a country pub with it on the telly....

oldmanriver

Site Supporter
What will happen Sunday I planned to go fishing, Take a Radio w/ ear piece ! I am male I cannot multi-task:confused:

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
I want to see the Shackle-Draggers on their way home... praying for a substantial win from the English Lads.... out on Sunday watching Essex at the County Ground against Worcester... C'mon the Lads.... England and Essex....!!!!