Corn, Bread or Maggots?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
What's your winter go to, fail safe, guarantee a bite bait?

Is there such a thing?

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
What's your winter go to, fail safe, guarantee a bite bait?

Is there such a thing?
Mine are...hang on a minute, you're after info for Lindholme aren't you? Well, you've come unstuck with me mate because I'm not telling you that it's maggot, worm, and caster over a bed of hemp and 'choppie' so there. DOH.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I generally think if you can't get a bite on maggots you're not going to get one on anything but there are times on high coloured rivers for example where chopped worm can be your saviour.

feldri

Site Supporter
Red pinkies never fail. If there's fish in your swim, they'll eat 'em.

Sam Vimes

If it was for absolutely any venue, maggots. It might be a different story for a specific venue which I happened to know well.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Bloodworm, but if I feel I need that I tend to go to the pub instead.
That's if you can use it. Both bloodworm and joker are banned round here. I'm with you on the pub though. :upthumb:

nejohn

Site Supporter
Maggots for me in one form or another, will catch most things that swim failing that it would be bread if that failed like others have said a nice warm pub would be the next option

Method Man

Maggots for me in one form or another, will catch most things that swim failing that it would be bread if that failed like others have said a nice warm pub would be the next option
With a log fire and a good malt! :)