China virus

Reuben

Site Supporter
I agree Peter. The big cities have their devotees but I’m not one of them - especially when a bit of fear & panic is thrown into the mix.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
I agree Peter. The big cities have their devotees but I’m not one of them - especially when a bit of fear & panic is thrown into the mix.
Only Have to look at New York, over 13000 confirmed cases and 125 deaths last time I checked.:( (Not out of morbid curiosity either, we have friends who live on Statten Island and there's over 800 confirmed cases there.)

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
new york and most italian cities have far denser living condition than the uk

hell of of lot of apartment dwellings, living on top of each other

just new york looks more modern

Backwoodsman

Do you think a young healthy person could recover and just think it was the common cold or flu?
Quite possible, I am not a conspiracy nut (lady Diana etc etc) but 2 of my pals in December last had the exact same symptoms of the virus. Thought nothing of it. Both were ill for 3 or 4 days then 2 weeks to get back to normal. I am pretty certain this virus came out of China last November.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Quite possible, I am not a conspiracy nut (lady Diana etc etc) but 2 of my pals in December last had the exact same symptoms of the virus. Thought nothing of it. Both were ill for 3 or 4 days then 2 weeks to get back to normal. I am pretty certain this virus came out of China last November.
Me to. Boxing Day. Dry cough. Could hardly swallow. Burning up. In bed for 3 days. Then my son got exactly the same.
But been told it would be impossible for anyone to have it in the uk at that time.

mickthestick

Hod job
Site Supporter
Trump is willing to let Grandma and Grandad die to get the Countries economy working again , what a heroic gesture

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Trump is willing to let Grandma and Grandad die to get the Countries economy working again , what a heroic gesture
Boris will do the same, thats why were only Partly locked down for 3 week, but look at it this way if the Fogies die what excuse they gonna us here if the NHS is still Ballaxed.

roachy

There is a national clap to show support of the NHS being planned on social media for this coming Thursday at 8:00pm.
The aim is to get as many people as possible standing in their doorways, or through open windows, and to clap together to show their appreciation of the hard working NHS staff. A similar thing was organsied in Spain the weekend before last.

The irony is all those that have so far been ignoring the government's advice will most likely join in
Pretty pointless exercise, I'd rather everybody donate a quid to a gofundme page and donate the whole lot to a supermarket shop for the NHS. If done at local levels the supermarket could make food packages up for collection

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Greta Thunderbird Jumping on another wagon whilst no fkers bothering with her other Project she has to have a script for.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Roachy I like that idea but would change its direction slightly towards aiding the vulnerable such as those living on the streets,in hostels etc.
Most are dependant on charity and generosity etc and it's all pretty much gone overnight.
My partner has asked residents families to donate food and she has had a great response so far.