China virus

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
It's now been verified that the wuhan coronavirus can pass from human to human and a fourth death has been confirmed, according to the news they are starting to check people getting off 'planes from Wuhan to see if they have the virus, the Americans are also screening people arriving at their airports.

It's all well and good the world being "shrunk" with the ease of travel now but it also aids the spreading of diseases etc when people get something but don't realise it or don't start to show symptoms untill after they arrive here and have already passed it onto others!

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Another justification to have tighter border controls and thus stop the migration of those who may in a lot of cases come from areas where they will have no/limited medical records and have lived in close proximity to those who may have infections.

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
Some reports say the Chinese could be hiding the true figure and the situation could be a lot worse.
When something like this happens travel to and from that country should be stopped.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
A good few year back an old bloke i worked with was sure viruses like this one were introduced by the country to try thin the population down.

sly

all the bit better gear and still aint got a clue
Site Supporter
A good few year back an old bloke i worked with was sure viruses like this one were introduced by the country to try thin the population down.
Thing is, would it surprise you if it turned out to be true

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Thing is, would it surprise you if it turned out to be true
This old Guy was 60 in 1980 so seen a lot he weren't one for mixing his words and rarely wrong in his Predictions so no mate.

roachy

This place is just over the border from us in Hong Kong, people are getting twitchy now

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Apparently one of the signs is having a temperature - I've never ordered a Chinese takeaway and had one delivered whilst hot

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
I have mate but i had to get outta the Bath to pay for it ;)

62tucker

Site Supporter
From bats then transferred to meat then humans. The worry is it’s Chinese New Year shortly and they worried it spread more then. It can’t be that bad as a antiseptic wipe will kill the bug off surfaces. So keep everything clean and the germs won’t spread.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
I said the same thing about HIV/AIDs and Ebola!

From bats then transferred to meat then humans. The worry is it’s Chinese New Year shortly and they worried it spread more then. It can’t be that bad as a antiseptic wipe will kill the bug off surfaces. So keep everything clean and the germs won’t spread.
An antiseptic wipe may kill it mate but the Chinese aren't exactly known for their hygene when it comes to cooking etc, CNY is even worse with all the street food vendors that cook at the side of the road with people coughing and sneezing all over the food!

I know a few people who go to China for the NY celebrations, imagine if they get coughed on or pick it up some other way, then spend 10hrs flying back in an aluminium tube with 200 other people.... easy way to spread the virus when the air is recycled and blown into peoples faces!

muskrat

STAY AT HOME
Site Supporter
BBC News yesterday: 6 dead, nearly 300 infected.

BBC News this morning: 9 dead , 440 infected.

So far that is only just over 2% death rate. But it could all change in a heartbeat. Plus those are presumably the Chinese 'official figures' so the real toll could be very different.

They are publicly telling people not to travel to the epicentre Wuhan and to avoid crowds and minimise public gatherings.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
I think the spread is inevitable, its the price we have to pay for making the world a smaller place.

Or is it mother earths attempt to destroy the infestation of carbon based humanoids that are slowly eating her alive:eek:

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
Sensible scientific ones have said that it won't be the nonsense of exaggerated global alterations that'll do for us but a pandemic plague. Look what happened to the Incas when the Spanish took measles to them.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
It's already got to USA and has mutated already. Is this the end of international flights?