Cheese Paste

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Half a loaf of liquidised bread... 230grams of really stinky blue cheese, slowly add some liquid such as cod liver oil or any bait syrup to bind it and start kneading... you're looking for a soft doughy texture that you can mould round a hook but will come off on the strike.... I'll be using my cheese paste this saturday... we'll see how it goes

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
Half a loaf of liquidised bread... 230grams of really stinky blue cheese, slowly add some liquid such as cod liver oil or any bait syrup to bind it and start kneading... you're looking for a soft doughy texture that you can mould round a hook but will come off on the strike.... I'll be using my cheese paste this saturday... we'll see how it goes
Lee or Chelmer ?

Arry

Site Supporter

Zerkalo

Cheers @Arry first time making it here so going to experiment with over the next few weeks. Hopefully get it just right so it stays on the hook trotting in a weirpool but like you say, can still strike through it.

Arry

Site Supporter
Cheers @Arry first time making it here so going to experiment with over the next few weeks. Hopefully get it just right so it stays on the hook trotting in a weirpool but like you say, can still strike through it.
I'd be inclined to use it on the bottom on a leger rig with a 3-5' tail for BIIIIG Chub

Zerkalo

The weir pool I fish has turned into a snag pit after all the rain washed a load of debris from trees being cut back into it, that's why I've bought some Drennan Loafers to give a try but will give leger a try too, that was my usual method there on maggot feeder. (y) Just thinking cheese paste might be better than the bread flake if the water has some colour in it.

Arry

Site Supporter
I'll be taking cheese paste flavoured meat, bread maggots and lobworms

Zerkalo

(y) Tight lines. Love fishing worms on my stretch as it pulls out the big Perch and Bream too.

Silver fan 82

If you have any krill powder add some to your mix (y)

Zerkalo

Never used Krill powder before but sounds deadly! Might see if I can pick some up for when I make my paste up. Cheers.:)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Lol Fishing Talk 5
P Bait Talk 1
B Fishing Talk 15
N Bait Talk 1
B Fishing Talk 12