Cheaper alternative to white Hydro

Maverick

Site Supporter
I know Daiwa Hydo is rated the best probably because it is, but as you all know it doesn't come cheap. Any likely candidates for a cheaper alternative to the white hydro?

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Look at the range of Nick Gilberts elastics. Very good price and in my opinion, an excellent elastic.

dumdum

It just doesn’t last like it used to 😒 try nick Gilbert pink microbore, powers up better than his white amber core

D

Deleted member 21081

Nick Gilbert for me also, though I find the ambercore more robust than the microbore.
Different strokes for different folks.

cafmatt

I use double 5 and 6 Preston slip comparable to White hydro. Has very nice and soft stretch but the main reason I use it is when you pull elastic out on the puller to get the fish up, it doesn't need to be bottomed out like some hollows that are not hydro, and still has some give in it to prevent small hooks pulling out at the net. Added bonus is the first metre or so behaves like the single rating so you can use it winter and summer. Nice and cheap too great for f1s

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
I Pm'ed Nick Gilbert told him the fish sizes and requirements i had on matches, he told me what i needed, i payed it was delivered. Easy Peasy.