Carrs Angling Lakes, carlton

Status
Not open for further replies.

master_baiter

hi, has anybody ever fished here, i can see that there are a few lakes, never fished here before , even though it is right on my doorstep.

any info would be good.

cheers

mike

keiranrussell

carrs in carlton if its the same one im thinking of is a brilliant fishery we used to have club matches there not sure on prices these days but always was great fishery.

geofflukins

Here is their website

http://www.thecarrsanglinglakes.co.uk/

I was fishing it on Wednesday on the large right hand lake as you look from the car park. Got some nice carp on the method to the island but in the afternoon for no apparent reason they just switched off. The match lake has now been tidied up and cut back which makes it much better as now you can reach the far shelf from all pegs, this should improve catches without a doubt. Prices are 8 a day which is quite expensive compared with other lakes in the area. They have a match every Saturday but I don't think its a big affair and only about 6 anglers normally turn up.

slim jim

slimfast
Geoff has he bothered to repair the platforms or cut the grass,at best the platforms were a disgrace,not the most inviting place i've looked around.

tony_1

Geoff,6 anglers for the match so its doubled then,slim the last time i fished i told frank it was a mess and it needed tidying up

tony_1

Originally posted by keiranrussell

carrs in carlton if its the same one im thinking of is a brilliant fishery we used to have club matches there not sure on prices these days but always was great fishery.
how long is it since u fished there

geofflukins

Originally posted by slim jim

Geoff has he bothered to repair the platforms or cut the grass,at best the platforms were a disgrace,not the most inviting place i've looked around.
The edges, especially on the match lake need drastic attention as most of it is completely overgrown. There are still a lot of the pegs where the platforms need repair or are non existent. On the lake I was fishing (Lake No 2) the overhanging branches and trees need cutting back as there is evidence that a lot of people (even me) have got tangled up in them trying to get near to the island with a float or method feeder. It needs a lot of work to bring it back up to standard and make it a good looking fishery. If you are going to charge 8 per day then at least put some effort into it and make it a place that anglers want to return to.

slim jim

slimfast
I have'nt fished it and probably wont,90% is probably unaccessable to me so i would only offer him 10% of the pegging fee when its a maintainence issue he has a problem with,i met him in april(frank) and did'nt catre for his attitude tbh[:T]
Originally posted by geofflukins

Originally posted by slim jim

The edges, especially on the match lake need drastic attention as most of it is completely overgrown. There are still a lot of the pegs where the platforms need repair or are non existent. On the lake I was fishing (Lake No 2) the overhanging branches and trees need cutting back as there is evidence that a lot of people (even me) have got tangled up in them trying to get near to the island with a float or method feeder. It needs a lot of work to bring it back up to standard and make it a good looking fishery. If you are going to charge 8 per day then at least put some effort into it and make it a place that anglers want to return to.

walkerc3

Proud Geordie
Originally posted by geofflukins
On the lake I was fishing (Lake No 2) the overhanging branches and trees need cutting back as there is evidence that a lot of people (even me) have got tangled up in them trying to get near to the island with a float or method feeder.
Thats not bad maintenence Geoff its your bad casting [:D][:D][:D][:D]

geofflukins

True Chris but when you have to get with 4 inches of the island you have to take a chance and sometimes it pays off and sometimes it doesn't, especially with a lake that is open to the wind like it is there.

Ste F

I fished the silvers lake on Wednesday and had about 40lb odd in 4.5 hours. Just fished maggot on the pole at 8 meters for a fish a chuck.

wigwam

I've fished the match lake a couple of times and tbh it was terrible. There are a few dedicated supporters on the site who say carrs is great but tbh I am the only person I've seen catch out of here? I am sure it is a lot better than I am painting it but for me there are too many urban legends professing that this and that was caught but I am yet to see the proof! The major issue is the price for me. Don't get me wrong in the grand scheme of things like members have said 8 quid in comparison to golf etc. isn't a lot but for me when you are pricing yourself in the same range as woodlands, oaks and in excess of a third more than renny lake personally I expect more. This includes quantity and quality of facilities.

master_baiter

sounds like i might give it a miss, might give woodlands another try, havent fished there for a couple of years

tony_1

Originally posted by master_baiter

sounds like i might give it a miss, might give woodlands another try, havent fished there for a couple of years
get to the oaks,top class fishery,see woody and ghandi or the lads in tackle shop,

Happy Slapper

He's dug a hole put some fish in and then drives around on his quad bike collecting money. Such a waste fo what coudl be a great fishery on the doorstep.[:(]

Status
Not open for further replies.