Canal Fishing - Luton area

All-The-Gear-No-Idea

Site Supporter
Hi Guys

So as Canal’s go, Dad and I occasionally head up to Three Locks, and the Marina there, but to be honest, it’s a bit of a pain in the rear. It’s either lug all the gear over the lock, or park by the bridge and a 2 mile walk.

Anyone know of any better / easier access Canal venues within about a max of an hours drive from Luton?

Cheers

Paul

sporty

Site Supporter
I guess your talking about Grove marina as there is no marina at 3 locks but any way there is The Globe section of the canal just outside Leighton Buzzard this is a canal side pub with large car park at rear easy access to the canal ,pub is signposted on the roadside just Google the Globe Linslade for postcode ect. There is also a roadside layby stretch with easy access.Both Luton angling club day ticket venues with good general mixed fishing for usual canal species,nearest bait and tackle Brown's,Grovebury road ,Leighton Buzzard they would be happy to advise you further if needed .hope this helps

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
I would think you are best off looking at the Luton club website

Wellingborough have a sharing arrangement with Luton for sections 1-7. Section 7 being The Globe stretch. There is a warning in the Wellingborough card that the publican requires a small fee for angler parking. It is suggested that anglers park by the access bridge.