Canada

biggsy

Site Supporter
Simon don't forget to pack an extra pair of jeans with a larger waist size, you will need em (y):)

Simon Walsh

I’ve had a look on You Tube re the Calgary Stampede lots of nice fast food on sale..... like you said, will need a pair of bigger pants😂

tonerain

Site Supporter
Hiya Simon, I have a cousin living in Toronto so I asked him to recommend some eating places. He sent me the following:

Pubs:
Firkin pubs that are a chain, good food.
Elephant & Castle.
Bishop & Belcher - our pub good food.
*Craft Beer Market - a must to go to - 100+ beers and ales on tap and good pub food.

Roadhouse Pubs (modern):
Jack Astors
Kelly's Landing

Steak & Seafood - The Keg. Several locations in Toronto, great steak, not cheap but certainly not high-end either.
These places can be googled for addresses and menus but they are all in Toronto proper.

Hope these are of use to you.
Tony

Tony

Thank you that’s brilliant I’ll definately check them out.
Have you ever been to Canada?
Just booked extra leg room on all the flights earlier today.
Cheers Simon

tonerain

Site Supporter
Tony

Thank you that’s brilliant I’ll definately check them out.
Have you ever been to Canada?
Just booked extra leg room on all the flights earlier today.
Cheers Simon
Yes, we've been to Canada a few times, but only Ontario not the West.
When we 1st went we did no reading up before our visit and expected mountain ranges and soaring vistas. When the plane was circling to land it was obvious that wasn't the case. Flat as a pancake! I think the highest point in Ontario is 700 metres and that's far to the north of the state.
You'll get the best of both with travelling to Vancouver. I envy you.
We'll do a similar trip in years to come, I'm sure.

Canada's such a vast country - 40 times the area of the UK with half the population.

Been on our list for a while Tony. We’ve done some great trips to the USA and really enjoyed them. Mate of mine did the Canada trip but he did it Vancouver to Toronto said the way we are doing is the best. Also he wished he’d booked the Calgary Stampede like us. Been looking on You Tube which gives us a great flavour of what’s to come

nutmeg

Hi Simon you will have a great time l am certain, just hope they now serve cold beer, as when we went to Vancouver and the usual visitor sites the beer was never cold enough. Talk soon mate.

nutmeg

I was also taken on a couple of fishing trips on the Frazer river, first one was salmon fishing where l managed to catch two both around the 8lb mark, these were taken back to my cousins house where they were bar b que'd. The second trip we went sturgean fishing and l caught a baby one of 35lb. Both great experiences and would love to go out there again.

Sounds great Phil. But I won’t be doing any fishing whilst I’m out there, more visiting as many different places as we can sensibly fit in.

Had a reply off Mark, good news

me

Mate youll have a fantastic time, i did it the oppersite way around 30 years ago, I flew heathrow to Vancouver for 2 weeks then Banff, Jasper, Kamloop and Whistler before the Calgary stampede then flew down to toronto and done Niagara Falls . ( i got the USA visa so i could do the falls of both sides) , then went on to Quebec, Nova scotia before flying home after 3 months out there. They are some of the best memories i have

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
c oo ki e The Club House 10
Wise Owl The Club House 66
P Tackle Talk 7
D The Club House 1
C The Club House 13