Canada

Simon Walsh

Just paid the deposit for me and the wife to go to Canada later this year. First stop Toronto and a day at Niagara Falls, then 3 nights in Calgary tickets booked for the world famous Calgary stampede. Then pick up SUV and 7 nights in the Rocky Mountains Banff, Jasper, Kamloop and Whistler and finish up 3 nights Vancouver Fly direct to Toronto from M/Cr and land back mid morning in M/Cr on the wife’s birthday which means she will be spending the Saturday afternoon/evening at a BBQ with our 3 girls.
Really looking forward to it.

biggsy

Site Supporter
Great you will love it, try arrange a boat trip under the falls or visit the passages underneath, CN tower worth a visit if you like heights(y)

Simon Walsh

Biggsy yes we have that included as part of our trip. Lunch also provided. We get picked up at hotel at 8am and dropped back off a 6 evening in Toronto for 2 nights.

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
Watch out for Canadian drivers, they are almost as bad as the Belgians.

This pic is around 40 years old and for anyone with a long memory, yes that is an Angling Times jacket. No I didn't dive.

Niagara.jpg

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Nice one Walshy me old pal 👍as we have said before ya can’t tek it with ya so enjoy 👍👍have a great time mate😎😎

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
I’d like to do something like this but never know where to start.

Simon Walsh

Thanks Dave that’s what our 3 girls said. Dry nets, we were lucky as a few of our friends had been, so I just to a mixture of where they went.
Booked through trail finders they offer great advice in planning your itinerary

nejohn

If you are doing the rockies and Vancouver the trian journey from Banff to Vancouver is absolutley stunning did it a couple of years ago at the end of the winter..would love to do it again in the summer, I was lucky and managed to get a seat in the observation car.

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle !
Site Supporter
I'm jealous. - There are loads of little gems just off the beaten track in Canada. If you have time take a detour to a signposted waterfall or lake.
Also - Lake Louise is magnificent and worth a visit.

Scribe

Site Supporter
@Simon Walsh chuffed for you mate sounds amazing (y) If you need any ideas on where to go / eat out in Toronto let me know as my daughter studied there for 6 months on an exchange program and has loads of contacts so can get the lowdown.

@Neil ofthe nene are you sure your not related to Bill Gates ? :) And the big question did you fish the margins ? :)(y)

Wily Coyote

Site Supporter
I'm sure you'll have a great time and the scenery is amazing, been on the Rocky Mountaineer twice - west/east and east/west, great experience and very informative. Favourite place was Banff but we didn't particularly like Kamloops ( although only an overnight stop ), funny vibe seemed a bit creepy but perhaps that was just us. Vancouver very nice but expensive and the people are so helpful and friendly the only downside was the seemingly large number of beggars on the streets which was very surprising but having said that I'm sure you'll enjoy every bit of it.

Terry D

Say nowt till you see your lawyer.
Site Supporter
We did a tour of the Toronto and Montreal areas for a holiday then the next year for our 25th wedding anniversary we booked a Rockies trip. 3 days in Calgary, coach up to Banff, Rocky Mountaineer 2 day train trip to Kamloops and Vancouver. A few days in Vancouver followed by a week in a hire car going via White Rock, Kelowna, Kamloops, Whistler and back to Vancouver. Taking a week in a hire car we wandered wherever we fancied and stayed in any hotel or motel we liked. All apart from the week in the hire car were booked in the travel agents shop, easy peasy.
One word of warning, hire cars back then charged $200 to drop off at a different place to pickup.
Tram rides the length of Calgary were free so hire car wasted on 2 of our 3 days there.
BC so much more scenic than Toronto.

Simon Walsh

Terry D

Yes they first wanted 300 Canadian dollars to drop the car off close to the hotel. Asked how much if we drop it off at Vancouver airport, now 150 Canadian dollars. We will get a taxi to the hotel, been told it’s abiut 17 minutes away.
Not picking the car up till we leave Calgary

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
c oo ki e The Club House 10
Wise Owl The Club House 66
P Tackle Talk 7
D The Club House 1
C The Club House 13