Can we fish

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Now you mention it Mick cycling should definitely be on the no list atm, much more likely to spread the virus or injure yourself cycling than driving to and sitting by a lake.
If it had been one cyclist tootling along I could understand that but, five lads that looked like they rode for a cycling club, expensive bikes, lycra clothing. You know the sort. But, stupidly riding ever so close to one another. 😣

Ivan heaphurst

Five lycra wearing middle aged men rode their push bikes past my front gate this morning. You could have thrown your quilt over all five they were that close. All breathing heavily and talking / laughing. It does make you wonder why we can't go fishing. 😲

Two wrongs will never make a right. Why should I compromise other people's health and put more pressure on the NHS just because some knob heads want to go out for a bike ride.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
The coarse fishing close season dates back to 1878 the Environment Agency removed the close season on most stillwaters in 1995 and most canals in 2000 so for over 144 years we have had a closed season and just in the last 25 years we have been allowed to fish all year round on the still waters, not to be able to fish for a few weeks now in my opinion is the least we can do to help save lives and help the NHS I would do it every year if it helped others live and fish in the future.
Exactly mate, when are people going to realise that this is one of the biggest threats to life in peace time. Fishing pales into insignificance in comparison. Relax, do as your told and, hopefully, we won't have lost any members to the virus.

Derekmc

Five lycra wearing middle aged men rode their push bikes past my front gate this morning. You could have thrown your quilt over all five they were that close. All breathing heavily and talking / laughing. It does make you wonder why we can't go fishing. 😲
That sums it up perfectly

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
That sums it up perfectly
They went past again this morning pal. About the same time so Im guessing they are meeting up somewhere. Same five lads. Two abreast. Theyll be alright if a tractor is coming around the corner. 😲😣

gingert76

Ginge
Site Supporter
my boss still cycles with his friend each day. they keep 5 meters apart, as with most things the few will ruin it for the majority so you cant say all cyclists are twats, same as you cant say all fisherman are twats as the majority listen and are adhering to the advice, its the few who are being twats and you will always get those few, i just hope they injure themselves quickly

Rjays 2

If I put a lycra suit on...reckon i'd look like a condom full of walnuts!!

carpole

Don't forget if we Don't slow this down they'll probably less of us to go fishing at the end of this.I only fish in the summer now due to bad eczema but our matches were due to start next week gutted but I get by.Time to think of others and the NHS.

Ivan heaphurst

Talk about mixed messages I bought the Anglers Mail today and the info about fishing is go and fish on your Tod.
Canal and Rivers Trust says no fishing. The Angling Trust says no fishing. The clubs I am a member of have clos d their waters yet the AM is saying we are OK to get out there and fish.
There is nothing I would like to do especially in this sunny weather but the little voice in my head keeps saying no it wouldn't be right. What a dilemma!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mike fox Fishing Talk 0
TrickyD Fishing Talk 14
MarkW Fishing Talk 21
Dave Fishing Talk 50
Billy the fish 1954 Fishing Talk 40