Cameras for videos

Dusty Rhodes

Site Supporter
Morning guys,

I’m looking into the possibility of making YouTube videos of my fishing exploits along with a few tutorials.
The market for cameras seems to be Full of choice and I’ll be honest I’m totally lost as to what to get.

Ive seen people recording on everything from large DSLR cameras to Go pros.

I was personally swaying towards the idea of getting a couple of Go pros but I’m unsure how versatile they are in terms of lenses etc?

Any help would be appreciated

Dusty

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
If you're not doing any underwater video's then why not use a video camcorder? No extra lenses required, good zoom function (great for video of float tips) and a very good camcorder can be cheap to get hold of.
Go-Pro's are ok for head cam work and clipping to a bait waiter if it starts raining but the DSLR's can be a bit dicey at times, sometimes the internal mic will pick up the zoom motor working and spoil any audio.
I have 3 camcorders ready and waiting to go. I just need 2 more tripods.

Last edited:

davylad

Site Supporter
What's your budget Dusty, if you can afford a 5D 2 or later, fantastic for video and in fact a lot of TV is recorded on them.

Dusty Rhodes

Site Supporter
What's your budget Dusty, if you can afford a 5D 2 or later, fantastic for video and in fact a lot of TV is recorded on them.
Hi mate,

I opted for a go pro hero 7 black edition in the end. Seen some fantastic footage shot on them.
I do like the look of the one you recommended though and may add it to my arsenal later in the year.