Wanted Camcorder or digital camera with remote

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I'm on the lookout for a camcorder with built in hard drive (over 100 gig) with all cables and remote control, or a digital camera with remote. Anyone out there got one up for grabs?
Be gentle on my pocket, I'm only a poor pensioner.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
you can buy a decent second hand camera from somewhere like MPB (and the lense(s) to go with it)

Then use Ebay for a remote/shutter release, i bought mine from Ebay for £7 ( QUMOX Timer Remote Control Shutter Release For Nikon Canon Olympus Sony - NEW 4895173811708 | eBay) and it gives me a ton of useful stuff, timed shots, long exposure, time lapse shots and just remote trigger so i don't have to touch the camera and cause camera shake when taking a photo through the telescope etc but if you just want one that does the shutter...you can get them for as little as £2 or £3 ...depending upon which camera you have obviously.

ukzero1

Site Supporter
@Trogg

Thanks for the links and will look at those, but the digital camera is the 2nd option in case I can't get hold of the camcorder I'm wanting. More of a 'make do and mend' thing. I missed out on a camcorder a couple of days ago for £100 and that came with everything including external mic. and 240 gig internal hard drive.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
MPB do camcorders as well mate...but don't forget that a lot of modern digital cameras are also camcorders and can compress an hours recording onto a normal memory card!

ukzero1

Site Supporter
but don't forget that a lot of modern digital cameras are also camcorders and can compress an hours recording onto a normal memory card!
And that's where a problem lies mate. When I try to record in video on a digital camera, there''s a clicking noise on the video (audio) when using zoom in/out or auto focus. So a camcorder is the way to go. The camcorder I have now hasn't got remote facility and that's the one thing I need.

Last edited:

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
try an independant microphone mate..... the built in one is probably right next to the focus motor!

ukzero1

Site Supporter
try an independant microphone mate..... the built in one is probably right next to the focus motor!
I didn't think of that mate, cheers. Will give it a go tomorrow when I can lay my hands on an external mic. :upthumb:

EDIT
Scratch that idea, just looked at my DSLR, nowhere to plug in external mic. back to square one...again.

Last edited:

roachy

I didn't think of that mate, cheers. Will give it a go tomorrow when I can lay my hands on an external mic. :upthumb:

EDIT
Scratch that idea, just looked at my DSLR, nowhere to plug in external mic. back to square one...again.
Which dslr do you have ukzero?

ukzero1

Site Supporter
This one, Polo D7100...

1565243505758.png

There is a D7300 out now that has remote, that wasn't available though when I bought this one. But ideally I'm looking for a Camcorder with built in hard drive and remote.

roachy

This one, Polo D7100...

View attachment 19158

There is a D7300 out now that has remote, that wasn't available though when I bought this one. But ideally I'm looking for a Camcorder with built in hard drive and remote.
Nikon d7100? same as mine mate.
In not sure if you have found it now but there is indeed an external mic port on the camera, hidden behind the rubber covers, top row is a standard 3.5mm audio jack.
Hope this helps
Adie

ukzero1

Site Supporter
@roachy
If you look at it closely, it's not a Nikon mate. I thought that when I bought it, but it's a Nikon rip-off...there is no external mic port on it at all.

roachy

@roachy
If you look at it closely, it's not a Nikon mate. I thought that when I bought it, but it's a Nikon rip-off...there is no external mic port on it at all.
apologies mate, i presumed it was an autocorrect job. what lenses does that one take?

ukzero1

Site Supporter
apologies mate, i presumed it was an autocorrect job. what lenses does that one take?
I have super wide angle, 6X-24X Zoom and a super telephoto. All came with camera as a set with case, charger, cables etc. Here's a link if it helps...

roachy

Ive never come across one of those before mate, looks wise I can see how you were fooled!

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Ive never come across one of those before mate, looks wise I can see how you were fooled!
Caught me out good and proper. But..onwards and upwards as they say.