Cadence spares

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJM

Something to bear in mind if you are considering buying any Cadence kit.

In spite of their website claims that:

''Cadence always has a ready supply of spare quivertips available to buy online, should you break one. Competitively priced at £10 each, you can rest assured that you will benefit from superb customer service and receive the new tip on a next-day delivery basis. ''

Unfortunately the 0.25oz glass tips for the 10' Wand have been out of stock since before Christmas - fortunately i have an old tip that fits and does the job, or i would be needing another new rod.

Sluicer

Site Supporter
You're only confirming what a lot of people suspected. Cheap Chinese tackle, cleverly branded for the UK market and only a loaded container from the Far East away if you ever need anything. How many more times...

rudd

You're only confirming what a lot of people suspected. Cheap Chinese tackle, cleverly branded for the UK market and only a loaded container from the Far East away if you ever need anything. How many more times...
A large proportion of tackle and accessories used by all I suspect.

Trailblazer

It amazes me how so many people watch the cadence videos on youtube and on the strength of that alone they shell out good money for cadence kit....just shows how easily people part with their coin!

rudd

It amazes me how so many people watch the cadence videos on youtube and on the strength of that alone they shell out good money for cadence kit....just shows how easily people part with their coin!
Can you give us some statistics?

rudd

Yes
Having been in logistics for nearly thirty years I have imported hundreds of containers for the likes of Leeda ( MAP, Wychwood and a few other brands), Daiwa,Shimano,JRC, Nash,Preston,Korda,Solar,Chub,Breakaway,Sonic,Tronix and a good few lesser know suppliers.
Anything from Rods, Reels, luggage, alarms, boxes, hooks, throwing sticks, umbrellas and bivvys - the list is endless.
Not all from China either - Japan, Malaysia, India,Pakistan, USA, Eastern Europe, Italy, Sweden and Indonesia.
The only exports I have done are for Breakaway to the USA.

Some UK brands may assemble tackle here but alot of the components are all imported.

Years back I was tracking, customs cleared then arranged delivery of a container containing a Bivvy system ordered from JRC. As they devanned it they dispatched the bivvy to me and I received it the same day.

When working for H Young Holdings (Leeda) I had sponsership and tackle tested for them.

Profit margins are low on fishing gear and the reason so much is out of stock is because the BRANDs keep costs down by maximising 40ft container space using the slower shipping services (lanes).

rudd

Forgot - Middy!
Should have remembered as someone tried to nick a shipment of mtdi rods from our warehouse in broad daylight!
Drove a van into yard complete with collection notes and demanded the pallet be loaded.
Disappeared sharpish when asked where their return pallets were and they had none.

Trailblazer

Yes
Having been in logistics for nearly thirty years I have imported hundreds of containers for the likes of Leeda ( MAP, Wychwood and a few other brands), Daiwa,Shimano,JRC, Nash,Preston,Korda,Solar,Chub,Breakaway,Sonic,Tronix and a good few lesser know suppliers.
Anything from Rods, Reels, luggage, alarms, boxes, hooks, throwing sticks, umbrellas and bivvys - the list is endless.
Not all from China either - Japan, Malaysia, India,Pakistan, USA, Eastern Europe, Italy, Sweden and Indonesia.
The only exports I have done are for Breakaway to the USA.

Some UK brands may assemble tackle here but alot of the components are all imported.

Years back I was tracking, customs cleared then arranged delivery of a container containing a Bivvy system ordered from JRC. As they devanned it they dispatched the bivvy to me and I received it the same day.

When working for H Young Holdings (Leeda) I had sponsership and tackle tested for them.

Profit margins are low on fishing gear and the reason so much is out of stock is because the BRANDs keep costs down by maximising 40ft container space using the slower shipping services (lanes).

Ok, that's great, but it doesn't tell me how many people buy cadence gear blindly after watching their videos?

Regarding tackle profits I dissagree, a very good friend of mine owned a large tackle shop and he told me the ins and puts of profits.
I remember him telling me about some reels he was retailing for 11 quid after paying about 2.50p for each one.
Ok, that was just cheap shyte (although they did lok decent and even felt decent!).
I remember him telling me about the higher end tackle and how the profits were a lot less. This was quite a while back but I have no doubt things are still the same.

Scribe

Site Supporter
@rudd Interesting for me to read your comments as I spent 35 years in Freight Forwarding / Shipping / Export Packing myself mainly on the export side, but have done imports as well. Curious to know how you think Brexit is likely to impact on the logistics sector, do you see it returning to the days of having to customs clear in-bound EEC trailers.

rudd

Ok, that's great, but it doesn't tell me how many people buy cadence gear blindly after watching their videos?

Regarding tackle profits I dissagree, a very good friend of mine owned a large tackle shop and he told me the ins and puts of profits.
I remember him telling me about some reels he was retailing for 11 quid after paying about 2.50p for each one.
Ok, that was just cheap shyte (although they did lok decent and even felt decent!).
I remember him telling me about the higher end tackle and how the profits were a lot less. This was quite a while back but I have no doubt things are still the same.
You claim people blindly buy gear after watching videos - not me? Probably a few for any brand do though.
Same as people buy after being recommended by someone on here.

Cadence gear is as good or bad as any other.
Their businesses model is where they differ by cutting down on multiple delivery costs, handling and less of a chain adding on their costs.

Ps - not used any of their tackle.

crackatoa

Site Supporter
I've a couple of Cadence rods and reels. Bought them in a Boxing day sale whereby the reels came free. For what I paid I can't fault them. Thought the reels were a little tin pot at first glance but they have performed well and I would have no problem paying for more, if I needed them.

rudd

@rudd Interesting for me to read your comments as I spent 35 years in Freight Forwarding / Shipping / Export Packing myself mainly on the export side, but have done imports as well. Curious to know how you think Brexit is likely to impact on the logistics sector, do you see it returning to the days of having to customs clear in-bound EEC trailers.
Have been in Kent this week with HMRC, BIFA, DEFRA, Forestry commission, Dover hsrbour board,Border force and the rest of them.
In the last two months had four or five brexit calls a day and been in endless meetings with automotive, retail, aerospace, pharmaceutical, food businesses - most being multinational.

Its a funking mess.

The EU and UK government need to tell us if a hard brexit will happen.
We have based all projections on a hard brexit.
Even if a deal is made EVERYTHING will need customs clearance.
My office needs at least 30 new staff to cope.
Costs will be put on our services and passed on to consumers by our clients.
We cannot get any more bonded warehouses or customs procedures in place as HMRC will not allow us as brexit is not official and we cannot prove an economic need.

The whole scenario is FUBAR and driving us nuts.

I have joked that Dover will be quite on March 30th as no one will dare send any freight across 😆

rudd

@rudd are you not security cleared to send by "Known Cargo" or is it the importation side you deal with ?
How bizarre, our Warrington facility rang me about that last week! Was it you?

We have known consigner / consignee, ETSF, Bonded, known Shipper, CFSP, TAPA A, AEO and a few other approvals / sites.

rudd

@rudd are you not security cleared to send by "Known Cargo" or is it the importation side you deal with ?
I deal with anything related to Import/export compliance / activities, security, supply chain including all the Government agencies.

carphauler

I'd be interested to know what these low profit margins are for fishing tackle?
20%?

warrington63

No I am retired now, I used to do final inspection and sometimes dispatch for a company that
supplied valves and equipment for oil and gas pipelines worldwide.
I was security cleared for known cargo/consigner
It was good when a courier arrived to collect and the firm hadn't sent a valid security cleared driver, we just ripped the paper
work up, sent it as normal and the courier firm paid customs expense.

Scribe

Site Supporter
Apologies @RJM I have appeared to have hijacked the thread so I will get back on track and answer your question. I have two Cadence Rods CR10 15 Ft Match rod that I bought to use on the River Trent and still haven't got round to going yet and CR10 10Ft Feeder rod. I would say that for the money they are great rods and based on price to quality ratio come in higher than I expected. I understand your frustration at ordering new tips for the feeder rod. The first time I used the feeder I inadvertently packed the tips away in my rod holdall, The second time I came to use I couldn't find the tips for love nor money. Despite emptying my rod holdall and tipping it upside down, I couldn't find the tips, so duly went on the Cadence site to order more and no stock available. Two months went past and when I decided to give my kit pole/rods a clean down I up ended the rod bag and out popped the tips ! I could swear that rod bag is haunted or has a mini black hole that the tips disappeared into and re-appeared !:D

I have encountered similar problems of out of stock with other manufacturers namely when I ordered a cupping kit for my Middy M3 margin pole it took 8 months to arrive, which in no way could be blamed on the shipping time from the Far East so my guess is that some manufacturers wait until they have a minimum order before the products become available. I would imagine that this scenario is true for a lot of Far Eastern manufactured products and not just in the fishing tackle trade.

@rudd @warrington63 I think we need to start a Logistics / Freight Forwarding thread (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.