Cadence CR10 #2 Feeder Rod ?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Has anyone got any more information of this rod, and have used one?

SKU CR10-112C-F

A few questions...

What is the casting accuracy like - does it cast accurately at range, ie 40-50m ?
What size feeders does it comfortably cast, ie feeder plus groundbait?
What is the action like, does it lock up or is it forgiving, ie parabolic?

Cheers,

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
@Dave

Not sure if this helps you but here's what a seller has to say about the one he's got on eBay..

These Rods Are Just Superb, Very Thin And Stiff And Strong.

As for accuracy, doesn't it depend on how cross-eyed you are? . It's not the rod that's accurate, it can only put a feeder where you aim it. :giggle:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Ah but not so (said Clarence :D )

The issue I had yesterday was I had a 40-50yd chuck to an island and using a loaded 24g feeder my casts were reasonably accurate but on occasions the rod I was using (not Cadence) would put the feeder either short or wobbled to the left or right. Definitely the rod at fault.

The bigger issue was that of locking up - several times I pulled out of fish after getting them within landing net range (a long haul so to speak) only for them to make a lunge and the hook pulled because the rod was locked up pulling the fish to the net.
You could say I've not a lot of confidence in the rod, and it nearly cost me a golden nugget to Peter :eek:

david white

Site Supporter
Whilst I do own a couple of Cadence feeder rods it’s the #1 I have which is actually 3 piece so I’m don’t want to comment on something I haven’t actually used ( I will say that I have 8 different Cadence rods haven’t had an issue with any of them all top quality both in use and finish )
At the risk of telling granny how to suck eggs try searching the Cadence you tube videos I’m sure there’s info in more than one ( Steve Whitfield did one based on his favourites ) better still contact Kojak on here he the Cadence ambassador in this neck of the woods

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've seen a few of the videos but it was more of a user's review I was after :)

@Kojak

david white

Site Supporter
May I just clarify that’s it’s the 11 ft #1 I own ( which is quite simply a superb silvers skimmer and bream rod really looking forward to using it in the winter with suitably scaled down tackle )

emmaemma

Site Supporter
I have one of these rods but i have only used it for bream fishing. It is a nice light rod with a good action and will punch out a 30g large distance feeder with accuracy but i would say 50m is about the maximum for this length of rod. I am very happy with the rod but I wouldn't like to say if it would handle carp without locking up although it is a very forgiving rod. I suppose it depends on the size of the carp you are targeting.

Kojak

Has anyone got any more information of this rod, and have used one?

SKU CR10-112C-F

A few questions...

What is the casting accuracy like - does it cast accurately at range, ie 40-50m ?
What size feeders does it comfortably cast, ie feeder plus groundbait?
What is the action like, does it lock up or is it forgiving, ie parabolic?

Cheers,
Hi Dave, the rod will easily cast 40 to 50yds and is the one I use for that sort of distance, the action is a progressive one meaning it’s perfect for casting accuracy and a brilliant playing action and definitely doesn’t lock up, in my opinion it’s the perfect Bream rod.

Paul

@Dave

Not sure if this helps you but here's what a seller has to say about the one he's got on eBay..

These Rods Are Just Superb, Very Thin And Stiff And Strong.

As for accuracy, doesn't it depend on how cross-eyed you are? . It's not the rod that's accurate, it can only put a feeder where you aim it. :giggle:

slappy2

Anyone use any there feeder rods for commercial carp fishing next to islands ???
Have few there reels and we’ll impressed 👍

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Thanks Kojak, whats it like at handling carp from 1 to 5lb range and the occasional lump?

SteveAmo

I’ve got the rod in question and can’t fault it, I’ve landed carp to 20lb on it without any issues, literally will bend right thro’ when playing some munters.

I use it on commercials for the method feeder up to about 40m no problem, in fact I was so pleased with it I bought another one!

Hope that helps.

Kojak

Thanks Kojak, whats it like at handling carp from 1 to 5lb range and the occasional lump?
I Mainly use the 9 and 10ft for method feeder fishing on commercial waters and they handle big carp easily so the smaller ones shouldn’t be a problem at all. It’s the action of the rod that’s the important part regarding playing Carp (especially under the rod tip) and the progressive action mentioned previously is what sets it apart from others👍

Kojak

Anyone use any there feeder rods for commercial carp fishing next to islands ???
Have few there reels and we’ll impressed 👍
I used one yesterday for a chuck of about 40yds (9ft version) fished a 24 gram pellet feeder and had carp into double figures 👍

Scribe

Site Supporter
Not seen a review yet Dave unless I have missed it.......:unsure:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
To be honest I havent used it enough to give a comprehensive review as yet :)

Aesthetically it looks good, feels good, decent quality, but yet to use it in anger