Cadence 9m whip

HALTON DANGLER

Site Supporter
Hi all, i am just looking for any user feedback on the cadence 9m whip, have seen the two online youtube videos but just aftyer some user feedback of people who have used one.

thank you

JohnLondon

Site Supporter
I’d be interested to know this as well as I’m in the market for a whip to use on the Thames. The thing that is putting me off the Cadence is the price, it’s the same price point as the Drennan Acolyte which gets pretty good feedback from users.

jasonb

Site Supporter
I use the acolytes and have had a play with the cadence, the acolytes are perfect for the Thames as they have a bit more action than the cadence and daiwas. When I picked the cadence up though I noticed the sections were a bit squishy when you squeezed them, more like a pole section rather than a sturdy whip

david white

Site Supporter
The acolyte is 8 meters the cadence is 9 meters if you take into consideration the cost of similar products on the market and then add the cost of an extension then the Cadence becomes considerably cheaper
( not the easiest of options for many but if you can attend an 'Cadence open day event ' you'll be offered 20% discount not everyone can access 20% of a Drennan product ( for example ) over the counter )

Please note
the above is purely a price comparison I have never handled or fished with a long whip from any manufacturer so am unable to comment in that respect, thank you

Last edited:

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
There was an interesting debate I was reading about these 8/9m whips the other day, with the guys who use them the most, (Hadrian Whittle for one) pretty much concluding that the Daiwa Tournamment whips are the best, but if you aren’t using them week in week out at top level, the Cadence ones are OK. I haven’t used either so cannot comment further than that, personally, I prefer to try and handle or even fish with a rod, whip or pole before buying it.

jasonb

Site Supporter
I suppose Hadrian Whittle has to say Daiwa are the best seeing as he's a Daiwa dorking bloke

nejohn

I was looking for a new whip and sort of narrowed it it down to the usual suspects plus the Cadence, a couple of things put me off the Candence one was that I could not easily get hold of one to play with but my main concern was the amount of telescopic sections I can't remeber exactly how many were telescopic but it was certainly the majority, this for me did'nt give it the versitility of other system whips where changing your fishing distance was just a matter of removing a take apart section not having to break the whole thing down and pull the tip sections through the butt sections. My views on the others were that on the face of it the Acolyte looks a good deal but when you buy the extra top kits that you get as standard with the Tri-cast and the Daiwa it is a pretty similar price action wise there was not much to choose between the Drennan and the Daiwa both slightly softer and less powerful than the Tri-cast and if I would have wanted it for venues where I was only likely to get fish upto a couple of pounds I would have gone for one of these but the Tri-Cast gave a little more veristility

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
I suppose Hadrian Whittle has to say Daiwa are the best seeing as he's a Daiwa dorking bloke
He was far from the only one making that point, none of the others were Daiwa anglers. I haven’t seen any criticism of the TP whip over the years, that’s not to say the others aren’t perfectly decent.

DFL

I think you’re missing a trick Danny! Get in touch with Cadence and tell them you’d like to test their whip and make a video of the trial. With the amount of hits you get, they’d be mad not to take advantage of some free advertising.

jasonb

Site Supporter
He was far from the only one making that point, none of the others were Daiwa anglers. I haven’t seen any criticism of the TP whip over the years, that’s not to say the others aren’t perfectly decent.
I was just stating the obvious:) however its probably totally correct in that they are the best long whips out there but they carry they price tag

other whips worth looking at are the maver signatures,

jasonb

Site Supporter
I think you’re missing a trick Danny! Get in touch with Cadence and tell them you’d like to test their whip and make a video of the trial. With the amount of hits you get, they’d be mad not to take advantage of some free advertising.
we would then have to call you the embassador :D

NoCarpPlease

jasonb will know this - but on the Wye WL matches there are an awful lot of elasticated whips with silver butt sections and Daiwa badges in evidence. tournament or later models.
I have the tourny at 10m and a 10 year old shaky superteam at 8m. The tournament is a much better long whip but isn't so good when short lining (eg. chopped worm fishing)
None of which helps re the Cadence !!

mytopkitisbroken

Site Supporter
@nejohn - that rings a bell re the telescopic section of the Cadence whip, I'm sure I remember reading that the top 5 sections ( or even metres) were telescopic which also, to me, seemed like it made it less of a useable 'system whip.

we would then have to call you the embassador :D
So long as HaltonDangler doesn't start a never ending Cadence thread........

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
There is also the 8 metre Team Daiwa ZR whip at around £150 which is not as good as the Tourney/Airity/Air version but will do an adequate job for a lot less money,not as slim and not as stiff and responsive but still a very good whip.

mytopkitisbroken

Site Supporter
I fancied a ZR a while ago but got warned off by someone who'd owned one and told me they were sloppy
Wanted it as a whip and liked the idea of the extra hollow top rated at 8 elastics

chappo

Site Supporter
I looked at the Cadence at one of their open days and found it a bit heavy and sloppy compared to my drennan acolyte and Daiwa Tommy Pickering ones - great at 5/6 metres but then not so good.
Good value for money though with 20% discount
Wouldn't be my first choice though Dan if I was buying new

chubby chubber

Site Supporter
danny i was in your same position a while back an when i found out the cadence whip is top 5 tele the rest take apart it was a not starter for me and ihave nothing against cadence as i have a number of their rods n reels i ended up with the airity 8mtr as its full take apart except the top 3s which is just what i wanted and im over the moon with it btbh mate hope this helps you decide and you can get spares easy

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TinkaTinka Fishing Tackle For Sale 0
R Fishing Talk 214
D Tackle Talk 22
C Tackle Talk 103
K Tackle Talk 3