Bobco Daiwa

Capt Birdseye

Site Supporter
Latest newsletter from BobCo , looks like some good deals on Daiwa poles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stretch1066

Life member
Site Supporter
After all the reports of sections coming apart and breakages, they are probably having to sell them cheap to get rid of.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
thanks for the heads up

just saved myself a shed load of cash buying a new airity XLS here rather than from the one Ive been looking at in angling direct

cheers

rudd

No just the usual trolls like to badmouth them as they cant see past their nose
If they cant see past their nose I would recommend a two rod ledger/alarms set up to aid in bite detection rather than a pole.
Mind you, would steer clear when ghey are casting 😀

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
ordered and recieved my new airity XLS, brilliant price and really fast delivery

just a quick heads up though

if you read the Daiwa site description, you will see that the new poles topkits come pre-bushed and with a no3 kit cone fitted, and a pair of cup kits supplied

this is not the case with these daiwa poles on offer, they are the 2018-19 stock and you will have to purchase and fit these yourself (they already state that there is no holdall supplied)

if you need these, I can heartilly reccomend "protectapole" to supply them straight from stock

I had already ordered the rest of the male nose cones from the above for the rest of the sections, and all its taken is a quick call to add the extra bits to my order

hope this helps

(bobco did not know that the 2020 daiwa description of bits supplied had been updated on the main daiwa site)

The Ginger Bread Man

ordered and recieved my new airity XLS, brilliant price and really fast delivery

just a quick heads up though

if you read the Daiwa site description, you will see that the new poles topkits come pre-bushed and with a no3 kit cone fitted, and a pair of cup kits supplied

this is not the case with these daiwa poles on offer, they are the 2018-19 stock and you will have to purchase and fit these yourself (they already state that there is no holdall supplied)

if you need these, I can heartilly reccomend "protectapole" to supply them straight from stock

I had already ordered the rest of the male nose cones from the above for the rest of the sections, and all its taken is a quick call to add the extra bits to my order

hope this helps

(bobco did not know that the 2020 daiwa description of bits supplied had been updated on the main daiwa site)
But they sent you the Tournament cupping kit with the pole Mick?

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
yes they did,

pole plus 3 extra top 5 kits, a phex 5, and a airity cupping kit

but no cups or adaptor, no no3 kit cones and no bushes

though I have a few preston, garbo and drennan spare sets I will dig out to fit

The Ginger Bread Man

yes they did,

pole plus 3 extra top 5 kits, a phex 5, and a airity cupping kit

but no cups or adaptor, no no3 kit cones and no bushes

though I have a few preston, garbo and drennan spare sets I will dig out to fit
Yes I have a spare Preston I'll use that. I had a Daiwa one with my current pole but never took to it. Much prefer Preston cups.

The Ginger Bread Man

@mickthechippy my Connoisseur came today. About 6" stuck out the top of my 185cm Daiwa Air 12 rod holdall. Pole, spares and top 3s one side. Two landing net poles and 11 whips the other. Brolly outside pocket. Life of a canal pleasure angler 😂💪

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
@mickthechippy my Connoisseur came today. About 6" stuck out the top of my 185cm Daiwa Air 12 rod holdall. Pole, spares and top 3s one side. Two landing net poles and 11 whips the other. Brolly outside pocket. Life of a canal pleasure angler 😂💪
aha, Ive had better luck then, tried the new XLS tubes in my old preston blue hardcase earlier and they just squeezed in

been sorting out older poles most the afternoon, decided just to keep a tourney pro and a couple of 510's for carping and spares, and try and get rid of the rest,

my whips fit into 4 tubes, all tourney pros, 2 complete (one at 8, one at 10, 6 topkits, 3 spare 4's 2 spare 5's and a spare 6, enables me to set up 6 whips between just a top kit out to 10mtrs, though i find using them over 8 mtrs tiring on the wrist

these fit into just a short quiver type carryall

The Ginger Bread Man

aha, Ive had better luck then, tried the new XLS tubes in my old preston blue hardcase earlier and they just squeezed in

been sorting out older poles most the afternoon, decided just to keep a tourney pro and a couple of 510's for carping and spares, and try and get rid of the rest,

my whips fit into 4 tubes, all tourney pros, 2 complete (one at 8, one at 10, 6 topkits, 3 spare 4's 2 spare 5's and a spare 6, enables me to set up 6 whips between just a top kit out to 10mtrs, though i find using them over 8 mtrs tiring on the wrist

these fit into just a short quiver type carryall
Mine average 3m long for catching 100+ 👀. 😂