Best Seat Box?

dave brittain 1

Chris I binned my MAP trolley as it took up valuable space in the car and the Octbox wheel and arms stow easily behind the seats. If you don't use your Octbox double front wheel and want to sell it, give me a shout as I'll be ordering one soon.

Total

Site Supporter
@dave brittain 1 .....Dave, Time you've got the extra Octbox wheels etc, won't they take up more room than the Map trolley (you got shifted of) in your car?:unsure:

stikflote

Site Supporter
Doesn't look that much different to my Matrix box ,which was a hell a lot cheaper

dave brittain 1

Total the MAP trolley took up a load of room in the car and weighed a ton. With the rear seats folded the Octobox wheel and arms fit behind the front seats infront of the rear folded seats in the foot well where the rear passengers feet would normally be if they were sat in the rear seats.

It takes a couple of minutes to attach the handles and wheel whereas the trolley took at least 2-3 times as long to assemble.

Total

Site Supporter
@dave brittain 1 ....Appreciate what your saying.(y)......Assembly time of my Penrose barrow can be an ache especially if it's raining etc.....But realistically it takes so little room in my motor it outweighed the impracticality, and my dodgy back.(y)

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Chris I binned my MAP trolley as it took up valuable space in the car and the Octbox wheel and arms stow easily behind the seats. If you don't use your Octbox double front wheel and want to sell it, give me a shout as I'll be ordering one soon.
Dave, as I have a van and keep the 4 wheel trolley asembled, just wheel,it out of the garage and into the van, space isn’t an issue. If you want a go with the double wheels you are welcome to borrow mine, not sure if Rick sorted an issue with them, the inner tubes were being moved and pulling the valve out, especially if loaded right up, I know I wasn’t alone with the issue. I bought some solid wheels to replace the pneumatic, but never got round to fitting them.

Let me know when you are Viaduct next and I’ll bring them along (and the wheels that go in the other end, so you can see both).

rudd

Some of the sizes of match trollies and kit loaded on I see these days make carp anglers barrows look miniscule!!! 😈😈😈

Bob Astill

being on the large side I have had a fewbut settled for the Preston space staion and i love it get all my stuff in and very stable only down side it is a bit heavy like me :)

Simon R

Site Supporter
It does make me smile when I read comments that 36mm diameter legs are essential for stability - especially when the box spends 99% of its time on a perfectly flat peg on a commercial somewhere.

I must admit the marketing guys at the various companies that sell 36mm legs boxes have done a really good PR job on these - because of course an entire new set of accessories will be required - so not only have you been conned out of a four-figure sum for an overpriced box you also need to spend a few hundred more quid on the myriad of attachments that are also thought to be essential.

The original square legged Preston Onbox (25mm?) I owned for the best part of fifteen years and used it on commercials, on (and in) rivers, on rocky Irish loughs and everything in between and not once did I feel unsteady or worry that I was about to fall off. Even the old Octoplus legs were perfectly adequate and they were only 18mm?

You won't go wrong with the Matrix S25 although be careful - it's only got 25mm legs so could collapse at any moment. :p

Simon

sammi001

It does make me smile when I read comments that 36mm diameter legs are essential for stability - especially when the box spends 99% of its time on a perfectly flat peg on a commercial somewhere.

I must admit the marketing guys at the various companies that sell 36mm legs boxes have done a really good PR job on these - because of course an entire new set of accessories will be required - so not only have you been conned out of a four-figure sum for an overpriced box you also need to spend a few hundred more quid on the myriad of attachments that are also thought to be essential.

The original square legged Preston Onbox (25mm?) I owned for the best part of fifteen years and used it on commercials, on (and in) rivers, on rocky Irish loughs and everything in between and not once did I feel unsteady or worry that I was about to fall off. Even the old Octoplus legs were perfectly adequate and they were only 18mm?

You won't go wrong with the Matrix S25 although be careful - it's only got 25mm legs so could collapse at any moment. :p

Simon

It’ll only be used on flat pegs lol

Simon R

Site Supporter
Looking forward to seeing the assembled creation.
Be careful though - those spindly little legs could snap at any moment:p :p

Simon

NoCarpPlease

Nice looking (cardboard) box, hope you get many happy years usage from it 😀

I have to laugh with SimonR ... I sometimes use a fox platform with long (42 inch) Penrose legs on steep banks such as the Wye or in deep margins like the drains. They are 18mm.

As for best seat box ... for me an AS1 is good enough ... perfect for my height and virtually indestructible. I’ve had one of my three for nearly 30 years now.

sammi001

Nice looking (cardboard) box, hope you get many happy years usage from it 😀

I have to laugh with SimonR ... I sometimes use a fox platform with long (42 inch) Penrose legs on steep banks such as the Wye or in deep margins like the drains. They are 18mm.

As for best seat box ... for me an AS1 is good enough ... perfect for my height and virtually indestructible. I’ve had one of my three for nearly 30 years now.
That’s reassuring cos I got worried