Best Seat Box?

Tinca Mad

I have a Milo, very comfy & heavy. I also have a small Rive box, quite light. The rive boxes I think are the best bet for getting spares for in years to come, very adaptable with different drawer units.
I bought one of these lately for moving swims easily on the canal (4KG without the legs):

TrickyD

Site Supporter
I bought one of these lately for moving swims easily on the canal (4KG without the legs):
Similar to mine, fairly light, trays can be swapped so you can adapt it for various venues, F2 trays fit.That one looks like it maybe an older model with F1 trays.

Pokerstar

Site Supporter
That looks fantastic. Wouldn't mind one of those. I only fish once a week & don't need loads of gear on a trolley. My On Box is miles too heavy.
Because it packs away flat, it’s great for transporting around in the car too.
Here it is set up fishing the Dee in Chester City Centre:977FE117-4A17-44A3-87B1-101B5B56CFB3.jpeg

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Brilliant. That's it....I'm gonna sell the Onbox & trolley and buy one of those.
Can you get extra drawers/winder trays for it?

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
One consideration is do you want the seat height independently adjustable to the footplate height, or are you happy to use adding/subtracting trays to get the correct height. Personally, as a shortarse, I like boxes that have the ability to adjust independently so the height can be adjusted to the exact requirement, there are many boxes that don’t do this.
I am 4 1/2 years in owning an Octbox, I have had to replace the seat as it wore out, but that’s all, it’s as good as the day it was delivered, properly engineered boxes, not made of plastic.

Fartacus

£ 1253 for a fishing seat that's bloody madness a waste of money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris Calder

Site Supporter
Had loads of boxes, best I have had is what I own now an Octbox 25 with the wheel kit so no need for a barrow or trolley.

dave brittain 1

Octbox.

No plastic drawers. Drawers don't fill with water or stick. You can adapt to any configuration. If you buy the trolley wheel and handles you don't need a trolley, (it will take all your gear). You can even get a side footplate for when you want to fish down the side.

Alloy construction made to last with dedicated side trays and accessories + Preston kit fits both D25 and D36.

Corn Master

Site Supporter
£ 1253 for a fishing seat that's bloody madness a waste of money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ooops. To you yes but to me no. Rive set the standard for high stability 36mm seat boxes and still continue to be the main brand in that others strive to achieve. Hence the market being 36mm on the flagship boxes for tackle brands
£3699 for a top end pole or £499. You spend what you can I spend what I want

Corn Master

Site Supporter
Octbox.

No plastic drawers. Drawers don't fill with water or stick. You can adapt to any configuration. If you buy the trolley wheel and handles you don't need a trolley, (it will take all your gear). You can even get a side footplate for when you want to fish down the side.

Alloy construction made to last with dedicated side trays and accessories + Preston kit fits both D25 and D36.
Personally Dave I know they are built well but to be honest (tackle tart in me) don't you think they look a bit...well you know

dave brittain 1

The only downsides are that they are a little over engineered, (simple extending legs would have been fine), and they are the worst box I've had to carry, (I forgot my trolley wheel and cursed all the way to my peg :implode:). The seat is also firm if you are a lightweight like me.

Other than that I think they are superb and the best box I have owned since the Platforms UK Tuffbox. It's a pity they don't have the gel seat like the Platforms UK box. If I had to choose another box it would be a Rive however I honestly can't see me changing it. My next purchase will be the double wheel as I have the single XL wheel for the rivers and I may go for a custom seat preferably a gel one :)

carpole

Wouldn't swap my Brilo Scotthorne box got mine just before they finished.Only had one problem buckle clasp on the bottom tray broke but they out last any modern box.Bought another light canal type box seconhand for long walks and that is one of the earlier models.

oldmanriver

Site Supporter
In answer to "db 1" Octbox D25 needn't be over engineered. There is always a way around to modify and adapt to your own needs. As I did when wanted a simple seat / drawer lay out for rivers and to add a simple quick footplate when needed.Matrix old style footplate to Outbox D25. totally detaches or slides into place secured by a bungee loop to stop movement.

Attachments

Chris Calder

Site Supporter
Other than that I think they are superb and the best box I have owned since the Platforms UK Tuffbox. It's a pity they don't have the gel seat like the Platforms UK box. If I had to choose another box it would be a Rive however I honestly can't see me changing it. My next purchase will be the double wheel as I have the single XL wheel for the rivers and I may go for a custom seat preferably a gel one :)
Platform uk box was the box I had before I brought the Octbox, I swapped the seats over before selling the platforms box :)

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Platform uk box was the box I had before I brought the Octbox, I swapped the seats over before selling the platforms box :)
Replaced my worn out seat with one from Custom Seats, I have all three wheel kits, double front, double rear and single wheel - don’t use any of them, ended up sticking with my 4 wheel shuttle to which I added the wide axle kits from Steve.

Chris Calder

Site Supporter
Replaced my worn out seat with one from Custom Seats, I have all three wheel kits, double front, double rear and single wheel - don’t use any of them, ended up sticking with my 4 wheel shuttle to which I added the wide axle kits from Steve.
I tried my Octbox on my 4 wheel Preston trolley, I found it all heavier to push, so took my wide adjustable axle from the preston trolley( same axle as you have probably) and attached it to the two angled bits of the Octbox wheel kit, so I can take it of and on the same as Octbox twin wheel kit, except now the wheels are on the outside of the legs, very stable. Customs seats look good from what I have seen, was going to order a tuff seat as mine is getting a bit tired, they used to sell them separately for £50 but saw they are no longer for sale

Pokerstar

Site Supporter
Brilliant. That's it....I'm gonna sell the Onbox & trolley and buy one of those.
Can you get extra drawers/winder trays for it?
Yeah, it actually interchanges with my main seat box so you can add as many trays, drawers as you like.
I also have a footplate for it which simply attaches to the legs and makes it six legs.
If using on a commercial I still use my trolley though!