Best Seat Box?

sammi001

So my second post. Just getting back into pole fishing after 15 years. Was looking at the Matrix S25 box. Been told to stay away from Maver boxes but they look really nice?

Thoughts please would be appreciated :)

Scott

fasteddy

No such thing as "best", you need to choose one that suits your needs, different people will have different requirements, for example, I've got a Matrix F25, I got it because it's smaller and lighter than most boxes and I need to transport it long distances, so it's ideal for me, but it won't suit everyone.

Scribe

Site Supporter
I have owned a Maver Signature 600 seat box for 3 years and never had a problem with it. I have recently upgraded to the Matrix S36 which I must say is more comfortable and solid than the Maver in fairness it also cost more than the Maver. The only mistake I made when buying the Maver was getting a front drawer and not side draw version, over time I became irritated with trying to access things whilst sat on my box.

sly

all the bit better gear and still aint got a clue
Site Supporter
I started off with a 4 drawer Preston on box then moved to a daiwa sb150 (and the back legs collapsed on it) so went and bought a Preston d30,after loading them up with stuff the daiwa felt the lightest the d30 the heaviest but it is the most stable out of all of them and the best looking also having a removable bottom box is a big plus

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
I started off with a 4 drawer Preston on box then moved to a daiwa sb150 (and the back legs collapsed on it) so went and bought a Preston d30,after loading them up with stuff the daiwa felt the lightest the d30 the heaviest but it is the most stable out of all of them and the best looking also having a removable bottom box is a big plus
Weren't you the Field Tester for the Collapsible Box Mate ?? :p:p

D

Deleted member 21081

I have two Maver boxes as have no issues.
The regular box is a Sigature 1000, which is solid. I have a side tray so dont have the issue above.

I also have the Signature venue system for when travelling light, fantastic bit of kit, with the bonus that it interchanges with the main box.

Wouldn’t hesitate to recommend a Maver box.

You’ll also find Maver accessories are excellent and competitive price wise v the other major brands.

tedstriker

No such thing as "best", you need to choose one that suits your needs, different people will have different requirements, for example, I've got a Matrix F25, I got it because it's smaller and lighter than most boxes and I need to transport it long distances, so it's ideal for me, but it won't suit everyone.
got the p25 myself and its cracking box, light and stable

TrickyD

Site Supporter
I have a Milo, very comfy & heavy. I also have a small Rive box, quite light. The rive boxes I think are the best bet for getting spares for in years to come, very adaptable with different drawer units.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
I also have the Signature venue system for when travelling light, fantastic bit of kit, with the bonus that it interchanges with the main box.
That looks fantastic. Wouldn't mind one of those. I only fish once a week & don't need loads of gear on a trolley. My On Box is miles too heavy.

H T B

Site Supporter
It all depends on what you want from the box.
how much gear you've got, how far do you have to carry it?
if you're going to fish a commercial , probably not very far, but if you're looking at rivers, that is a different matter.
Maybe worth looking at second hand boxes to start.
I have a Kiley Canal box. Lasted years, and will last for plenty more :)

Robbie888

Have a look at the Preston Inception SL30, I have just got back into fishing and purchased one and have no regrets at all.

Chervil

Site Supporter
Best seat box has to be this based on price ans sales figures.
Still got one, with Octoplus leg system. I haven't used it for at least 20 years. It is gathering dust in the garage.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Site Supporter
Maver been fine for my needs and they seemed to be one of the last manufacturers to switch from square legs, so given the age of my box (my river one), my attachments fit also my matchbox box and the old Korum chair, not being forced into having to change all these is a big thing for me, or also sort out adapters etc etc. Not too concerned about the looks to a box (or any kit) personally though.