Best seat box for in the water

peacemeister

Hi guys I’m after a new seatbox for fishing on rivers and ideally would be sitting in the water I love the look of the Octbox d36 but not so keen on the price tag !!! Any ideas as what alternative I could look at
Thanks

rufcuk

Site Supporter
I would have suggested a rive but if you hate the pricetag on a octbox your out of luck on that - for a reasonable price i. would suggest matrix s36

G0zzer2

Site Supporter
No - but you can adjust the height of the platform, and because it will be bigger than the box area it will be more stable than extending legs on a box.

NoCarpPlease

agree with Trotter and Gozzer on this one.

If I'm trotting I prefer to stand in the water if possible
But if it's better to sit (eg. long pole or feeder) then I use a box with a side tray on a platform. Mine is an old AS1, but many options are available.
Another option is to sit on the platform to keep a lower profile.

Very flexible combination really

Arch

Site Supporter
I fished in the same team as Dick, but haven't seen him for years.

Simon R

Site Supporter
“Wading on” there Arch? :)
Most won't have a clue what you're talking about - always one of the best columns in the magazine - is the Soar still full of gudgeon?

I'd go for a platform - some boxes leak and wooden base units don't like being immersed in water either

Simon

frankg

Site Supporter
Most won't have a clue what you're talking about - always one of the best columns in the magazine - is the Soar still full of gudgeon?

I'd go for a platform - some boxes leak and wooden base units don't like being immersed in water either
View attachment 11212

Simon
Very similar to my set-up Simon (y) Riggers are superb platforms!

chubby chubber

Site Supporter
octbox d25 plenty sturdy enough second hand if needs be mosty comfy sturdy box you will get deffo

NoCarpPlease

The Soar does have three of the biggest gudgeon that you’re likely to see in this country, just ask Adey Reynolds!
Oh ... my mistake .... Sturgeon!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Fishing Talk 58
R Tackle Talk 7
D Tackle Talk 14
D Tackle Talk 8
B Tackle Talk 59